SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    See Without Eyes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

See Without Eyes Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Off I toddle to the 930 Club to see The Glitch Mob play their new album See Without Eyes.

If it's as good as the Love Death Immortality show, I'm in for a great evening.

Hopefully the Caps win so I'm not sharing the Metro with dejected, drunken hockey fans.

I will post an AAR.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
AAR 001

The MPD had blocks cordoned off for the Caps game, so I walked quite a distance to get a cab for the last portion of my journey.

The youngsters at the 930 Club were incredibly hospitable to the 60ish wreck that I am.

Seriously, they've taken care of me in FIVE STAR fashion. It made coming all the more memorable.

It's 30 minutes to the opening act, so off I go to the handicapped seat they gave me.

ETA. Looking about, at almost 60 I am the oldest person present.

In casual conversation with the folks next to me I said I started in digital music with Walter (now Wendy Roll Eyes) Carlos and Switched on Bach.

They'd never heard of it.

Tangerine Dream. Blank stares.

The youth. What else have we failed to teach them?

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
ELOHIM is the opening act.

Great stuff.

The visuals remind me of a groundbreaking photographic exhibition I saw in 1983.

Nice is overrated

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Home at last.

Uber to Metro to walking to venue to walking, Metro, and Uber (at 0210 hours!) home worked great. Although a bit more expensive (about $25) than driving the zero worry WRT sobriety checkpoints makes it worthwhile.

Once again, The Glitch Mob was an AWESOME show.

I'll post video tomorrow.

If they play in your AO, go see them. Unless you are Lt. Steven Hauk you'll not be disappointed.

Do, however, take ear protection. The opening act, Elohim was loud, but the Mob takes loud to a whole new level.

Nice is overrated

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I saw The Mob last night with daughter-San in Richmond, VA at The National, a salvaged 1920s theatre.

It's a GREAT venue for music. On the stage level you are no more than 75 feet from the performers.

That close, the auditory and visual overload of a Glitch Mob performance was even more overwhelming.

It was funny though going with my adult daughter. It was the first concert of a band like The Mob we'd ever attended together. I think she's was somewhat taken aback seeing me dancing with the music, whooping and hollaring, and generally getting into the music.

Nice is overrated