SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Gomorrah: Italian "Sopranos"?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gomorrah: Italian "Sopranos"? Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
Last night I finished watching Season One of the Italian crime series "Gomorrah" on HBO Max. Think of it as an Italian version of the Sopranos, with an old world view and local flavor. Lots of gun-play and other internecine nastiness, good production values, and (I think) an interesting view on how Naples crime families operate. They really like committing those motorcycle and motor-scooter borne assassinations.

I'll start Season Two tonight and I believe there's a Third Season available too. If you're stuck at home trying to find something worth watching and like crime dramas, this may be for you.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are four seasons and a spin-off movie about Ciro. The series is more violent and less thinky than the Sopranos. I watched all of it over the summer and it gets wild and stays entertaining.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I thought The Sopranos was the Italian version of The Sopranos?

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Halfway through season two.

Lots of guys getting whacked. I like that. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
It's been out a while, I enjoyed it but never compared it to the Sopranos.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Season 4 is now on HBO.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liner:
Season 4 is now on HBO.

I caught it on HBO Max. Up to Episode #4 now. So far-so good.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Good show, better if you speak the language as the cc isn't always great at providing the correct sentiment.

Based on reality, but the truth is that the Comorra is much more ruthless and their influence is global.

They have found mass burial grounds under waste managment sites run by the Comorra.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post