SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    CW's "Batwoman" getting ripped apart online:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CW's "Batwoman" getting ripped apart online: Login/Join 
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwoman

quote:

Batwoman was introduced in 2006 in the seventh week of the publisher's year-long 52 weekly comic book. Introduced as Kate Kane, the modern Batwoman began operating in Gotham City in Batman's absence following the events of the company-wide crossover Infinite Crisis (2005). The modern Batwoman is written as being of Jewish descent and as a lesbian.

Batwoman is a distinct character from Batgirl, who has been around as various different people for a long time.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
She needs a new hairdo.
Looks like David Hogg had gender reassignment surgery.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
A Lesbian to boot. Country has gone tits up with this crap..

Not sure about the current Batwoman in the comics but in the past she was a lesbian so they didn’t change it just for this show.

Was she really? I don't recall ever getting that impression, but I'm far from any type of comic aficionado.

What I do know is this show looks hysterically awful. It almost comes across like a spoof.

If Batgirl (it's BATGIRL dammit!) was a lesbian originally, then it is the way it is supposed to be- not rubbing your nose in the fact. I was unimpressed with her acting in John Wick 2 and the trailer looks worse.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not sure about the current Batwoman in the comics but in the past she was a lesbian so they didn’t change it just for this show.

Was she really? I don't recall ever getting that impression, but I'm far from any type of comic aficionado.

What I do know is this show looks hysterically awful. It almost comes across like a spoof.

If Batgirl (it's BATGIRL dammit!) was a lesbian originally, then it is the way it is supposed to be- not rubbing your nose in the fact. I was unimpressed with her acting in John Wick 2 and the trailer looks worse.

Batwoman is a different character from Batgirl.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You know what? I'm completely off the mark. This whole time I had her confused with catwoman, so I was thinking of past examples like Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Barry, and Anne Hathaway. I realize now that I know absolutely nothing then about Batwoman or Batgirl, whichever it is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I’m holding out for BatPerson.

The non-gender specific, gender fluid, intersex, asexual, pansexual, multicultural, androgynous, whore superhero.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Yeah that is going to be really bad.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does Ruby Rose constantly get 'action' roles? She's rail thin, and has zero muscle definition that would suggest any physical prowess. She was miscast in John Wick 2, XXX and the same with this.

Now about the writing of this disaster...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: corsair,

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I wanted to see a lesbian Batwoman that's what p0rnhu8 is for.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
"It's BatMA'AM!"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
How does Ruby Rose constantly get 'action' roles? She's rail thin, and has zero muscle definition that would suggest any physical prowess. She was miscast in John Wick 2, XXX and the same with this.

Now about the writing of this disaster...

Yeah, reminds of the 'Wonder Woman' movie they tried to make years ago (way before Gal Gadot came along). She was basically a Victoria's Secret underwear model - all skin and bones with no discernable muscle mass.

This one looks the same. Some scrawny size 0 woman in a bat suit would get her butt handed to her every time.

The writing is full of the same old stale "GIRL POWER YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" garbage.

They should take advertising from Gillette.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
The comments are hilarious!!!! Big Grin

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3921 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Kate Kane/Batwoman made her debut on the Arrowverse crossover back in December. The character had no appeal to me as a viewer so I didn't hold out high hopes for the upcoming series. I may be proven wrong, but it now looks like they're over the edge and accelerating downward.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
only 53K Likes, and 193K dislikes,

amazing they have not pulled the comments

67K Likes, 264K dislikes Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Sonic the hedgehog: I'm the worst trailer in 2019. Batwoman: Hold my soymilk.

Posts: 5027 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
only 53K Likes, and 193K dislikes,

amazing they have not pulled the comments

67K Likes, 264K dislikes Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

68K Likes, 283k dislikes

They have either dumped some of the better comments or put in a new algorithm in an attempt to bury them. Most of the "top" comments now are less than 5 hours old. I had to scroll down about 10 yards (that is what it felt like on the mouse) to find one comment from 5 days ago.

Hey, maybe they can get Nike and Gillette to sponsor it. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last of the Batman trilogy's had Bruce Wayne off in the sunset with Catwomen played in leather by Ann Hathaway. That's how Batwomen should look. Yes, I am a pig.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I didn't suffer through the video, so I haven't seen the Batwagon. Its the car. Everybody knows that the Batverse is all about the car.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could care less about the character's sexual preference. I do know that a story that's supposed to be about superheroes that turns into a social justice screed won't be anything I'll waste my time watching.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post