SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rosanne - reboot
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rosanne - reboot Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
It used to be a pretty funny show; I enjoyed watching all the way until the final season when the did the lottery bit. Too bad I won't be watching the reboot.

You couldn't just reboot what was once a pretty good TV show without beating us over the head with a message from the beginning, could you?

'Roseanne' actress Sara Gilbert says her cross-dressing son in the show is NOT transgender and explains they created the character for reboot because he 'represents the world' today

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Good grief! I didn’t like the original show anyway. I’ll add this to my long “list of things I won’t waste my time on.”

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Reboot of a sitcom, with extra political correctness thrown in.

Pretty much defines 'must miss TV', I'd think.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
NOOOOOOOO thank you. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'll pass. A lot of people I know liked the original series, but I never could stand it. I have no interest in an updated version.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
Good grief! I didn’t like the original show anyway. I’ll add this to my long “list of things I won’t waste my time on.”

My feelings exactly.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I loved the original series. I'll give this a shot but am prepared to shut it down immediately if it annoys me.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I loved the original series. I'll give this a shot but am prepared to shut it down immediately if it annoys me.

Same. The actress who plays Darlene is gay; so it does not surprise me that she is pushing this. The one thing I will say for the old show, is that they were very good at talking about social issues in a way that made you laugh...even if you disagreed.

What I am prepared for though, is a premier episode of Trump bashing. Will and Grace did that and they caught hell; I guess we'll see.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only reason I watched Roseanne:
John Goodman
Excellent in about anything he does.
But I don't think he can save this...

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Well, Roseanne Barr was reason enough to never watch it, so...

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
At least they have that cross dressing kid to be a 'good representation of the modern word'. Apparently the world they live in anyway. Confused

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roseanne is actually a Trump supporter. But while I did occasionally watch the original I highly doubt the new stuff will live up to the old stuff. The cross-dressing kid is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The only reason I watched Roseanne:
John Goodman
Excellent in about anything he does.
But I don't think he can save this...

It will be interesting to see how they bring him back since Dan died in the original series.

I watched Roseanne as a kid but was to young to get a lot of the social issue stuff.

It has been airing on Laff TV for awhile now at night and have been watching it and enjoy it.

May check out some of the reboot.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The only reboot she needs is to her arse! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
What is with the networks rehashing old shows? Is there a lack of writers?

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
What is with the networks rehashing old shows? Is there a lack of writers?

It's not just that but they've also turned movies into shows. Lethal Weapon is one of them.

Seems like there's no creativity left.

One reboot that would never fly in today's PC world is Married with Children.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think these old TV shows are ones that liberals all loved and it’s a chance for them to go back to a happy place and probably get to see a little Trump bashing too. This is my theory why you’re seeing them get restarted like this, rebooted isn’t the correct term here as both Will & Grace and Roseanne are literally picking back up as if they had never stopped. Reboot means new cast, new stories etc.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:

Same here.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
They always had some great Halloween shows.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Amongst all the PC shit, maybe Roseanne Barr's lack of complete and total devotion to Her Highness Queen Felonia von Pantsuit will come across in the writing. Doubt it. Roseanne probably needs more money for her pot farm. She can't offend the Harveywood jackboots putting on the show for her.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post