SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What to Binge Watch (Pluto/Prime/Hulu/Netflix)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to Binge Watch (Pluto/Prime/Hulu/Netflix) Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
I am enjoying the first season of The Rifleman (available on both Prime and Pluto), but I yearn for something a little grittier to pass my binge watching time.

I just finished the entire Mad Men series (watched the last episode right before it was taken off Netflix). Before that, it was Homeland. I've watched Black Mirror, Tales From the Loop, Altered Carbon, and some other sci-fi stuff I liked.

Better Call Saul lost my interest, as did Catch-22. I started to re-watch The Handmaid's Tale, but I barely got through it the first time. I thought of watching Game of Thrones from the beginning, but it's a for-pay offering. I didn't pay HBO then, and I'm not paying HBO now.

Justified is streaming on Hulu again. I might watch it again, but I'm wondering if there's something else running that I can watch 30-60 minutes at a stretch and not give up on it two or three episodes in?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Expanse, on Prime. Gritty, realistic sci fi.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I just did Game of Thrones and Band of Brothers...

About as gritty as you can get.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Lileyhammer(Netflix)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Letterkenny on HULU
Brockmier isn’t bad either.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Narcos

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much on prime, nflix, or the others I watch.

I do have some youtube stuff.
Simple Living in Alaska: Two homesteaders move from Central west Oregon to Alaska and start a small farm and homestead.
https://www.youtube.com/playli...hZowW6uMJD8mdTts66EN

Life Where I'm From: A more Family orientated view of living in japan.
https://www.youtube.com/channe...xJts-6yF33rupyF_DCsA

9 Hole Reviews: 2 Blokes, trying to bring practical accuracy tests to the guns and gear world.
https://www.youtube.com/channe...yVrCibkgpwQ/featured

Abroad in Japan: a comedic take on living in japan.
https://www.youtube.com/user/cmbroad44/featured

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Lets see, what have I binged recently?

Netflix:
Punisher (as gritty as 40 miles of hard road, soaked in blood)
Lucifer (burned out Devil takes a vacation, opens a club, and helps solve crimes)
Deep Space 9 (better than I remember)
Voyager (worse than I remember)
Enterprise (trying to forget)
Longmire (loses its way a little after the first few seasons)

Hulu
Brooklyn 99 (Terry Crews is a national treasure)
What We Do in the Shadows (vampire mocumentary from the people who did the movie)
Firefly (best TV Sci-Fi/Western that only made one season)

Amazon
Jack Ryan (worth a watch, just don't expect Clancy's Ryan)

Disney
The Mandalorian (This is the way)

Comcast had the entire run of Magnum PI when this all started. Not sure if they still have it On Demand or not, but once you get past the first couple of episodes and get used to the 80's fashion choices, it holds up suprinsingly well.

I'm extremely thankful for streaming platforms during the ongoing situation. It's been the only way I can get a break from the constant media bombardment.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Netflix:
Mindhunter (2 Seasons)
The Highwaymen (Movie)
Atypical (Series)

Amazon Prime:
The Wire (5 Seasons)
Jack Ryan
Napoleon Dynamite (Movie)

Hulu:
The Looming Tower
The Act

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Netflix:
-Marco Polo (cancelled after season 2)
-The Punisher
-The Witcher
-Frontier

Amazon:
-The Pacific
-America, the Story of Us

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Netflix
Dexter
Criminal Minds
Blacklist
Ozark
F is for Family
Dead to Me

Prime
Bosch
Suits
Chuck

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
+1 for Ozark

not sure if this is on either of your options, (I bought the DVD's, )

Life on Mars (UK version only)
Ashes to Ashes

Mi-5 is fantastic,

Luther, another fantastic show

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Longmire!

Actually, Lost in Space is VERY good. Not so "campy" as the original. Dr. Smith is even MORE of a Psychopath.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Netflix 2017 " Godless " - seven part western story and it is the best show I have seen for years , About a townful of women who have lost all their men in a mine explosion and their lives come under threat from a band of outlaws . The big shootout at the end is a classic .
best .

Posts: 132 | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Actually, Lost in Space is VERY good. Not so "campy" as the original. Dr. Smith is even MORE of a Psychopath.

Thanks for the Lost In Space recommendation. We have been watching Deadliest Catch and just finished season 2 and are half way through season 3. With 16 seasons in the series, plus spin-off seasons, I wanted to start alternating another series for our evening TV viewing.

I told my wife and son I wanted to give LIS a try and my 10 year old was excited about it. My wife looked like she just smelled a stinky fart while being constipated, but agreed to give it a try, nonetheless.

At the end of episode 1, my wife was on the edge of her seat with suspense. I prodded her "Oh, it seems you may actually like the show!"

She rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah, it took a little bit, but it grew on me."

Looks like we'll be watching this regularly now. We'll see if we continue with Deadliest Catch or LIS tonight.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Lost in Space is a great series for the whole family. Something for everyone.

(Some parts may be a little intense for very young kids, but 10 is plenty old.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Workin' on "The Ranch" now.

Lots of other goodies ~ The Expanse, Bosch, Longmire, tons of comic-themed shows if you are into that.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post