SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Can we be real? If my name was Sebastian and I had a cool Jamaican accent, you'd totally help me.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we be real? If my name was Sebastian and I had a cool Jamaican accent, you'd totally help me. Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
You would. You know you would.

Wife and daughter are gone, just me and the granddaughter enjoying a quality movie we can act out together. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Funny, I just watched that not 15 minutes ago. It was alright, but I don't see what's he big fervor over it being the best one yet. Far from it IMO

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
Funny, I just watched that not 15 minutes ago. It was alright, but I don't see what's he big fervor over it being the best one yet. Far from it IMO

I love animation and innovation therein. Beauty and the Beast when Belle and Beast were dancing in the ball room blew me away during the premier. During "You're Welcome" was i similarly impressed however it went away during "Shiney" and the sparkles didn't follow the shell's movement.

Also when they get to the spit of land for accessing the realm of monsters, you can see for a split second where all the stones are hex shaped. I think this was an oopsey.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
That was an ok movie. It would have been MUCH better, IMO, if they didn't try to make it a 'musical.' It seemed like every time they sang something, it was this jarring out-of-the-mood thing where I was thinking "Oh, let's stop the plot for 3 minutes, as they are singing again." I just watched Rio, and THAT is how you make a musical. I hardly even consider it a musical, as the music fit so seamlessly into the story.

Moana was ok. I did like the crab (he voiced the evil Cockatoo in Rio I/II). His was the only song I liked. Somehow, it reminded me of Rocky Horror Picture Show, even though I never saw that movie. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Somehow, it reminded me of Rocky Horror Picture Show, even though I never saw that movie. . .

Oh Rocky!!

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Loved moana and also we saw Little Mermaid Live at TPAC on Friday. Also super fun and Sebastian stole the show.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My kid loves Moana and as far as little kid movies go, its pretty dang good.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Also when they get to the spit of land for accessing the realm of monsters, you can see for a split second where all the stones are hex shaped. I think this was an oopsey.

Think I know the bit you're talking about, and it wasn't a fluke. I've no idea what the formation is called, but they're a specific type of volcanic stone formation. There's a spot in California called Devil's Postpile that's chock full of em.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Think I know the bit you're talking about, and it wasn't a fluke. I've no idea what the formation is called, but they're a specific type of volcanic stone formation. There's a spot in California called Devil's Postpile that's chock full of em.

But that's not the South Pacific. Wink

My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Columnar jointed volcanic rocks. And they are found all over the world, including multiple areas around Australia and New Zealand.

My 11 month old initially freaked out when the chicken starts screaming, but now he will drop whatever he is doing when that scene comes on.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Columnar jointed volcanic rocks. And they are found all over the world, including multiple areas around Australia and New Zealand.

My 11 month old initially freaked out when the chicken starts screaming, but now he will drop whatever he is doing when that scene comes on.

Something I just learned - thank you.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
There's a really amazing one in Ireland. The columns are mostly 6 sided but some aren't.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giants_Causeway

Here's a list of places all over the world where this occurs. There are a bunch all over the place.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...ar_jointed_volcanics

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post