SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars: The Bad Batch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: The Bad Batch Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
The first episode is out. A couple of the characters are going to take some getting used to, but it should be an interesting story to follow.

I didn't see Kathleen Kennedy listed as a producer, so that's a good sign.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Where is it located?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A galaxy far, far away...

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself.) Smile

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Where is it located?

I assume you're asking what streaming service it's on?

If so, it's Disney+

Disney owns the rights to Star Wars, so Star Wars shows will only be streaming on Disney's streaming service.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Unlike Resistance, Bad Batch is a Dave Filoni project, and will probably be great. But until Kathleen Kennedy and her ilk are completely gone, the only Star Wars I'll be following is the next Timothy Zahn novel.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I watched it on the 4th.

It was pretty good. I had never watched Clone Wars or the other animated Star Wars series, so I have no context of the greater scope of SW animated shows. It starts right at the end of the timeline of SW: Episode 3.

It was pretty good, but the longer it went on, I started getting bored with it. It has promise, but if my nephew didn't already have Didney+, I would never pay to have a streaming service just to watch it (same with Wandavision and Falcon/WokeWinter Soldier.

I will continue to watch it, as it's better than pretty much everything else on tv right now.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
If you haven't watched the excellent animated series "The Clone Wars" I'd strongly advise doing so before starting the Bad Batch.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be honest, you don’t need to slog through all 7 seasons of Clone Wars to get the Bad Batch series. They only showed up in the first 4 episodes of Season 7, and weren’t mentioned before or after until the new series. If you saw the third prequel movie, and understand what Order 66 was, you probably know all you need to know.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was pretty good. I had never watched Clone Wars or the other animated Star Wars series, so I have no context of the greater scope of SW animated shows.

The last 4 episodes of “The Clone Wars” cartoon series (season 7, I think) are some of the most incredible Star Wars stories put to motion. The soundtrack is amazing. Worth a watch, even if you skip all of the series and all of “Rebels”.

I enjoyed The Bad Batch. Could be an interesting series.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
It was pretty good. I had never watched Clone Wars or the other animated Star Wars series, so I have no context of the greater scope of SW animated shows.

The last 4 episodes of “The Clone Wars” cartoon series (season 7, I think) are some of the most incredible Star Wars stories put to motion. The soundtrack is amazing. Worth a watch, even if you skip all of the series and all of “Rebels”.

Completely agree!

Posts: 11357 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
If you haven't watched the excellent animated series "The Clone Wars" I'd strongly advise doing so before starting the Bad Batch.
Absolutely. I'm going to go out on a limb and say, being a huge Star Wars fan, The Clone Wars series is what Star Wars should have been.

quote:
The last 4 episodes of “The Clone Wars” cartoon series (season 7, I think) are some of the most incredible Star Wars stories put to motion. The soundtrack is amazing. Worth a watch, even if you skip all of the series and all of “Rebels”. ...

The last 4 episodes were completely amazing. I'm not sure you can skip the whole series and just go to those though. I think you'd miss the ominous change in tone.

Posts: 45334 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I went into Clone Wars for the Ahsoka ark and ended up watching all of it. Definitely watch the last season of Clone Wars before Bad Batch.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I went into Clone Wars for the Ahsoka ark and ended up watching all of it. Definitely watch the last season of Clone Wars before Bad Batch.

And to think the Clone Wars was canceled and the now last season almost didn't happen.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hah, I had to check to see if I had posted this, because it's what I always post in Clone Wars threads. Clone Wars and Rebels are really amazing, adult themed shows that are only for kids on the surface. They both have some serious subject matter and lots of death. As said above, the last 4 episodes of the last season, or now just season 7 if we consider bad batch to be season 8, are possibly the best 4 episodes of any show I've ever watched. That said, I don't know if they'd have the same impact if you skip the other six seasons and have no emotional connection or understanding.

There are definitely some skippable episodes. I skipped every one with gungans and there was a short droid-plot section, but overall clone wars and rebels are a couple of the best shows I've ever watched. I was absolutely not expecting to like them as much as I did. I enjoy Star Wars and all things nerdy, but damn it was good.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The Hondo episodes are essential as well. I love that guy.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Honestly, if you even sort of enjoy this kind of content, I would recommend NOT skipping anything. Including Rebels.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Latest episode was a good way to show just how fucked in the head Crosshair is now. Rest of the episode was pure fluff, though. They need to figure out how to explain what Omega is capable of doing or she's just gonna be the latest Mary Sue.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
My son (college age) is way down the rabbit hole on SW and that's coming from a lifetime fan. He said there's scuttlebut that her unique skill is learning other's skills. Seems to jive. "Kaminoans don't create something without a purpose" was said somewhere in the series. And each of the Bad Batch has a unique skill. And the kid seems to be able to rapidly assimilate those skills. Sharp shooting, and now tracking. Which seems to Jive as the Kaminoan had made her to help them. And they were teaching her.

Also interesting that the Kaminoan helped her escape. And I thought it was out of caring, but they also seem to think of them as intellectual property, in which they now wish to regain.

Banned
posted Hide Post
Saw two episodes, Not bad.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Friday's episode was decent but I'm starting to get tired of the show. Omega is clearly a Mary Sue but she's also an annoying brat who's constantly getting herself and the team in trouble. I don't understand how an elite combat unit would put up with her bullshit. And the way the episodes end isn't so much a cliffhanger as an abrupt interruption to the story being told.

People talk about how amazing the last few episodes of The Clone Wars were. It makes me wonder why they couldn't have carried some of the formula over to The Bad Batch. Hell, even the first season episodes of The Clone Wars were better than what I'm watching now.