SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The number of times in 2018 that TCM airs The Manchurian Candidate
Page 1 2 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The number of times in 2018 that TCM airs The Manchurian Candidate Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
So I guess tonight's scheduling of "Advise and Consent" is just part of the normal rotation.
You need to look at the entire schedule for that day and you'll notice something.

The Best Man

Advise and Consent

Seven Days in May

Gabriel Over the Whitehouse

TCM aired all these films the same day. Now you're getting the picture. Gabriel Over the Whitehouse is a bizarre depression-era film. Just read the synopsis of it on IMDB. Anyone who doesn't think these frustrated twenty-something leftist children who are running the show now are trying to say something is not paying attention. Maybe it takes a longtime fan to see it, but I don't think so.

The TCM schedule on their website is searchable through July 5th, and The Manchurian Candidate is not scheduled to air a single time in the first half of this year. I'm beginning to think that more than a few people took notice (just who do these people think are watching TCM?) of their behavior last year with regards to this film and they heard the complaints.

If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner. - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 84097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
TCM schedule is searchable through the beginning of August and there's still no sign of this film. This is getting interesting. It looks like they've gone cold turkey.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Para have you seen TCM hiding movies under the title "Turner Classic Movies".
I first noticed the time slots a few months ago and recorded one. It was "The Bank Dick" with WC Fields.

I've noticed several others since but haven't bothered to record them or have been viewing at the time slot to see what the movies were titled.

Posts: 16175 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, but I don't think they're trying to be sneaky. It's just a schedule drop-out.

One way you can tell if TCM has a move airing soon is check the movie's overview page. If a film is scheduled to air, it will say so at the top of the page, just to the right of the film title. I've been watching this too. Nothing. It's quite a contrast from last year.

If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner. - H. L. Mencken

posted Hide Post
They have also played a lot of movies by blacklisted directors of the 50s.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
They have also played a lot of movies by blacklisted directors of the 50s.
You are correct, and Ben Mankiewicz simply cannot introduce any such film without mentioning the blacklist. Oh, the persecution from the political right. Oh, the right was so wrong. I mean, he wallows in the shit.

I can barely tolerate this clown. Plus, he's one of the Young Turks and hangs out with that Cenk Wigger guy, who's an even bigger jackass.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, it looks like the film Suddenly is taking the place of The Manchurian Candidate. This is a 1954 film about an attempted Presidential assassination (Eisenhower), and until recently, TCM aired this film very rarely. Well, they're airing it right now and this is the fourth airing of it this year.

Oh, and Gabriel Over the Whitehouse aired last Saturday. Third time this year for a film that until recently, TCM showed once in a blue moon.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Yup; TCM been bumming me out - especially since the loss of Mr. Osborne.

Noir Alley has been cool, but the leftist, progressive crap is a huge turn off as are those hosts who just read the teleprompter. and B.M. is just that; poop.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 22856 | Location: Row 2F | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nothin'!

After playing this film ten times (or more) last year, it's not on the schedule through the end of October. I'm beginning to wonder if some exec at TCM noticed how many times they aired this film, and told those in charge of programming to cut it out.

Or, maybe they finally figured out that the character of Eleanor Shaw Iselin is too close to the reality of the hag Hillary Clinton.

Oh, BTW- five airings so far this year, of Suddenly. Roll Eyes