SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Highwaymen (2019)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Highwaymen (2019) Login/Join 
posted
Just stumbled across The Highwaymen, Set to be released by Netflix in March. Follows Frank Hamer and Maney Gault as they hunt down Bonnie and Clyde. I think the story of Frank Hamer was much more interesting than that of a couple of two bit thugs.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860242/ 

I may have to go back and reread Texas Ranger before watching this movie. The lawmen back in those days were a different breed for sure.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks good. Looking through your link it mentions they were planning to do a Newman/Redford version, but the death of Newman prevented that. That would have been epic.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Might be interesting.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.
There are a few Lawman that I enjoy studying and reading about.. William Matthew "Bill" Tilghman Jr. , FBI Special Agent "Jelly" Bryce, Bass Reeves and of course Frank Hamer.

This could be interesting and fun.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Thanks for the heads up.
There are a few Lawman that I enjoy studying and reading about.. William Matthew "Bill" Tilghman Jr. , FBI Special Agent "Jelly" Bryce, Bass Reeves and of course Frank Hamer.

This could be interesting and fun.

It seems like this movie will be out in general release vs "Netflix" next month. Not surprising considering the quality of the cast.

Although the author is quite obviously coming from "Left field", this is a pretty good book on Hamer's life and times.

https://www.amazon.com/Texas-R...Bonnie/dp/125006998X

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
That’s worth a watch! Thanks!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting episode of The Way I Heard It by Mike Rowe on Ted Hinton, the youngest member of Frank Hamer’s posse

https://itunes.apple.com/us/po...mt=2&i=1000427242101 

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trailer dropped today. It looks like a winner.
 https://youtu.be/aH6vC-BBKOc 

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Dam that looks good!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
That looks good, hope it is not a Netflix exclusive.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Is that a Colt Monitor.....bad ass.

I know they used BARs amount other high powered rifles to take down Bonnie and Clyde but is the Monitor significant or just a Hollywood choice.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s interesting that Clyde Barrow, like Dillinger and Nelson, was a fan of the the 1911 chambered in 38 Super. The 357Sig of its day I suppose.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bonnie didn't shoot that police officer, yet the movie trailer really plays up this myth. It was Clyde Barrow and Henry Methvin who murdered those two police officers.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Bonnie didn't shoot that police officer, yet the movie trailer really plays up this myth. It was Clyde Barrow and Henry Methvin who murdered those two police officers.

Think that was pretty common with Bonnie, in general. She didn't smoke cigars either (chainsmoked Camels) but that one picture was all anyone needed.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Now available on Netflix now. On my watch list for tonight. Got the popcorn ready to pop. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife has it lined up, looks to be pretty good.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I liked it. I find it hard to believe that folks at the time looked to Bonnie and Clyde as celebrities, but then again, I guess some still do the same now.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, great story, characters, and all that. Really liked the way they emphasized the Rangers. Bonnie and Clyde were “shown” in the film nearly not at all.
Highly recommended.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I liked it........Ma Ferguson reminded me of Hilarybeast and I about wept when Hamer went into the Gun Store.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post