SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Highwaymen (2019)

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Highwaymen (2019) Login/Join 
posted
Just stumbled across The Highwaymen, Set to be released by Netflix in March. Follows Frank Hamer and Maney Gault as they hunt down Bonnie and Clyde. I think the story of Frank Hamer was much more interesting than that of a couple of two bit thugs.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860242/ 

I may have to go back and reread Texas Ranger before watching this movie. The lawmen back in those days were a different breed for sure.

Posts: 646 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks good. Looking through your link it mentions they were planning to do a Newman/Redford version, but the death of Newman prevented that. That would have been epic.

Posts: 4088 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Might be interesting.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2172 | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.
There are a few Lawman that I enjoy studying and reading about.. William Matthew "Bill" Tilghman Jr. , FBI Special Agent "Jelly" Bryce, Bass Reeves and of course Frank Hamer.

This could be interesting and fun.

Posts: 917 | Location: Leaving Richmond and heading to NC | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Thanks for the heads up.
There are a few Lawman that I enjoy studying and reading about.. William Matthew "Bill" Tilghman Jr. , FBI Special Agent "Jelly" Bryce, Bass Reeves and of course Frank Hamer.

This could be interesting and fun.

It seems like this movie will be out in general release vs "Netflix" next month. Not surprising considering the quality of the cast.

Although the author is quite obviously coming from "Left field", this is a pretty good book on Hamer's life and times.

https://www.amazon.com/Texas-R...Bonnie/dp/125006998X

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 8476 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
That’s worth a watch! Thanks!

Posts: 4023 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting episode of The Way I Heard It by Mike Rowe on Ted Hinton, the youngest member of Frank Hamer’s posse

https://itunes.apple.com/us/po...mt=2&i=1000427242101 

Posts: 646 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post