SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Harley and the Davidsons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harley and the Davidsons Login/Join 
posted
We just stumbled on this mini series on Amazon Prime and was pleasantly surprised. Wife and I both really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see some of the history behind the company. Anyone else watched this?

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I did. Wasn't aware of the Servicar/Henry Ford deal.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15220 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geektoad
posted Hide Post
We did. The wife and I really really enjoyed it.

Posts: 95 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was entertaining but I wouldn't take any of the history as gospel truth. Let's just say it was "based on a true story." Big Grin

Posts: 2482 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I am not a bike guy, but I enjoyed it.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
A simple but entertaining story about capitalism and HD motorcycles. Cool

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I watched it when it first came on Discovery Channel. I really enjoyed learning about the early days of H-D.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Saw it in its original run. The acting and the melodramatic writing left a bit to be desired, but it was still undeniably fun to watch the history of HD and, in particular, see all those great old authentic and restored HDs and Indian bikes in use, rather than sitting silent on some museum floor.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I really liked the part where Arthur Davidson changed the name of the company to Harley-Davidson Motor Company from Davidson Harley to pull Bill Harley back into the fold.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the behind the scenes videos they do talk about some of the fiction they had to insert as there isn't documentation on all of the history. The only thing that started to bug me is the makeup to age Bill Harley was overdone and became distracting. It was fun to watch especially with google at your finger tips to look up more of the history.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post