SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Holmes Movie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Holmes Movie Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
I'll recommend a Sherlock Holmes movie that I saw somewhat recently: Mr. Holmes (2015), starring Ian McKellen as a 93-year-old Holmes. He struggles to solve his last case while dealing with dementia.

One little nod that I thought was cool was that in the film, Holmes goes to a theater to see an old movie made about one of his cases. The actor playing Sherlock in the film within the film is Nicholas Rowe, who played the young Sherlock Holmes in 1985's Young Sherlock Holmes. That was amusing.

That was an excellent film. I saw it when it came out in the theaters.

I did not know that about Nicholas Rowe! I'm going to have to watch it again.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Basil Rathbone as Holmes and Nigel Bruce as Watson.

There are no others.

*cough* Jeremy Brett *cough*

Wink

A+

Brett was Holmes.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I'm a big Holmes fan.
I won't be seeing this one. Don't need this boob trashing the Canon.

I think that is exactly why this is flopping. yes, they are funny but their audience do not know Holmes, and those that do DO NOT like them doing this to such a rather important character.
My opinion is that they never should have made this one. Race cars, dudes that live at home together, fine. but Sherlock? nope, off limits.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have no intention of going to this movie, I can’t stand that leering, MFer. Saw about 15 seconds this morning that confirmed my disdain for any project he’s involved in. A young girl says, “No shit, Sherlock,” to something he says. At least Downey Jr. respected the character.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
It currently has 0% rating on rotten tomatoes

That's impressive.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I can't stand Will Ferrel. I do not find him to be funny. I wouldn't watch that sumbitch if he was out on the front lawn.

I did enjoy the Sherlock Holmes played by Robert Downey jr and Holmes played by Jude Law. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
A Sherlock Holmes comedy, there was a movie that I thought was pretty good. Can't remember the name, though. Ben Kingsley as Watson, who's the real brains behind the operation, but hires an actor, played by Michael Caine, to play the role of Sherlock.

I thought that one was good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...t=PLDE73166291EB0FCE

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post