SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Foyle's War Question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foyle's War Question. Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
In the NETFLIX series, people are seen carrying a small cardboard box with a string shoulder strap. What gives?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3806 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Government issued gas masks.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Given the carnage of the Blitz, they'd have been better served with tin hats.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
Given the carnage of the Blitz, they'd have been better served with tin hats.

Maybe, but the fear was poison gas, what with the last time ol' Jerry got frisky, he used stupid amounts of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Saw that recently in the series Home Fires that was on PBS. Never explained, but I figured that's what it was. No resources wasted on a fancy case for it.

BTW welcome to Foyle's War. Our favorite TV series, bar none.

Posts: 18009 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I also greatly enjoy Foyle. It is a very well done series.

Posts: 5609 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been reported that Michael Kitchen, who plays Foyle, actually requested that he be given fewer lines for the series. From what I understand, he wanted to use his silence to draw out conversation from the others he was investigating.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
All of which reminds me I need to go re-watch it.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Foyle's War has been promoted to me by Netflix for the longest time. I recently sat down and watched the first episode. It takes a little getting used to the "pace", but I was soon hooked.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6365 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Majority of it filmed in and around my home town in East Sussex!
His TV house is up the road from the church where I was baptized.
https://www.google.com/maps/@5...i4128!8i3096!6m1!1e1

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2254 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post