SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Punisher first full trailer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Punisher first full trailer Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
https://youtu.be/SjYrnZdhhF8

I haven't been this excited since the first glimpse I had of a playboy centerfold as a teen.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Loved him in DareDevil.
When is the release?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waitaminute...Did they just completely change his origin story from season 2 of Daredevil?

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It'll be out in November but a specific date hasn't been given yet. And no, I don't think they changed his origin from Daredevil.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Nice...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
Waitaminute...Did they just completely change his origin story from season 2 of Daredevil?

I think that is Castle dreaming about his family and who ultimately was responsible for their deaths.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Loved him in DareDevil.
When is the release?

No official word yet.

Speculation is sometime in early October.

Theory is they'll:
-Release the trailer.
-Hype it up/advertise it heavily for a couple weeks, with maybe a second trailer along the way.
-Final big to-do at New York Comic Con (starts 10/5) with a panel event, exclusive footage, etc. Maybe even a screening of the first episode.
-Drop the season over the weekend of 10/6, or the week of 10/9, or thereabouts

Gives enough time to build up buzz, and for folks to binge it upon release, without interfering with the similar process for Season 2 of Netflix's Stranger Things in the last few weeks of mid/late October leading up to its 10/27 release date.

Of course, they may end up pushing the release date out to November/December, after Stranger Things, with the big reveal at NY Comic Con simply being the announcement of the official release date.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I particularly enjoyed the shooting timed with Metallica.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tenmm:
Looks great! I particularly enjoyed the shooting timed with Metallica.

Thanks for the comment. I usually skip these trailers as I'd like to leave it as unspoiled as possible, but as a metallica fan I had to see (the Gadsden snake from the Black Album was my avatar here for the last 8 years until photobucket's demise)

Very nicely done.

My birthday, legalized automatic knives in this state, (potentially) Punisher content.. this is going to be a good October.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Looks great. Knew it would be awesome when I heard the telltale intro from the greatest song ever!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Awesome, and love the Metallica!!

I cant wait, he was incredible in DD season 2. But didn't they already figure out why his family was killed and who was involved in DD season 2?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Jon Bernthal was good in Wind River.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My wife has been digging all the other Marvel series Netflix has done, me not so much.

This on the other hand I am looking forward to. Should be done with Better Call Saul by the time this comes out!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The other rumor I heard for release was the Marine Corp birthday in November. Also, reading the official Twitter announcement is great because whoever at Netflix is running the feed is trolling people as The Punisher. Jessica Jones has even stepped in a said someone needs a drink and go to bed. Big Grin

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Is that the actor who played the deputy in The Walking Dead and the tanker in "Fury"?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes. Jon Bernthal

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Been looking forward to this since I'd heard Bernthal would be playing the Punisher for DD. He was definitely the best part of DD season 2 and this series should hopefully make up for Iron Fist.

I'm hoping that they never state the release date. Just keep teasing it until one day it's just available on Netflix.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome! Loved the Metallica mesh with gunfire in the trailer

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post