SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New JJ Abrams movie... OVERLORD... Live Action Wolfenstein or COD: Zombies...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New JJ Abrams movie... OVERLORD... Live Action Wolfenstein or COD: Zombies... Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
Saw this on YouTube, can't figure out if it's "fan made" or really a JJ Abrams movie, it shows the "Bad Robot" logo, but could be editing.

Anyway, I WANT to see it... Smile Looks good!

Supposedly targeted for November release, if it's true.

Link: OVERLORD Official Trailer (2018) JJ Abrams Movie HD

Edit to add:
It has a Wiki page, looks legit!

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Now that I will see in a theater!

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
This was originally supposed to be a part of his Cloverfield series. I'm glad to see they went in a different direction. Zombies/horror instead of aliens/sci-fi.

Although they're clearly not going for 100% historical accuracy, I'm interested to see how they try to explain the main character's presence during the D-Day airborne invasion. There were no African-American paratroopers serving anywhere overseas during WW2.

The US military was still segregated at that time, and the only Paratrooper unit that was made up of African-American soldiers was the 555th Parachute Infantry Battalion, known as the "Triple Nickles". That unit did not see service overseas, although they did take part in a number of "smokejumper" airborne missions stateside during 1945, fighting remote forest fires.

African-American paratroopers first saw combat in the Korean War, with the African-American "Buffalo Rangers" of the 2nd Ranger Infantry Company (Airborne) entering the fight in early 1951, including a combat jump with the 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team into Munsan-ni as part of Operation Tomahawk on March 23rd, 1951.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Sorry, you lost me at "Black paratrooper in WWII" I hate revisionist history. It didn't happen.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Looks good - thanks for posting.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Sorry, you lost me at "Black paratrooper in WWII" I hate revisionist history. It didn't happen.

But the zombies were real, right?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The wife and I saw it last night, we enjoyed it! No spoilers!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

White zombies only. There weren't any black zombies until the Roswell Virus Incident (RVI) in 1947 that. . .

Yeah, it's a movie.

I'm a HUGE WWII history buff, and I usually object when movies blatantly misrepresent the historical record. However, in the case of including more minorities in movies like this, I gladly give them a pass. In the end, it's a very minor thing to get upset over, and if it serves no purpose other than to shut up the race-baiters (why didn't you include black soldiers in XYZ unit?), it's worth it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't know if you meant to be funny or not, but that cracked me up. Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Although they're clearly not going for 100% historical accuracy, I'm interested to see how they try to explain the main character's presence during the D-Day airborne invasion. There were no African-American paratroopers serving anywhere overseas during WW2.

glad I'm not the only one who noticed that

please...

suspension of disbelief de-railed 10 seconds in

heck - throw in some WW2 female paratroopers while you are at it

not only that - the whole 'how did I get here??' BS... to be AIRBORNE - your ASS volunteered !!

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
quote:

White zombies only. There weren't any black zombies until the Roswell Virus Incident (RVI) in 1947 that. . .

Yeah, it's a movie.

I'm a HUGE WWII history buff, and I usually object when movies blatantly misrepresent the historical record. However, in the case of including more minorities in movies like this, I gladly give them a pass. In the end, it's a very minor thing to get upset over, and if it serves no purpose other than to shut up the race-baiters (why didn't you include black soldiers in XYZ unit?), it's worth it.

I dunno. I think I’m squarely in Rolan’s camp on this one. You can sell me Nazis zombies on screen but not at the entry price of integrated troops in WWII or say, everyone having a Thompson. Get the little, easy-to-get-right details nailed down and you’re off and running. Same reason I can hardly stand to watch a lot of the indie WWII films, as the equipment is all over the place and mixed units is a thing. When they make a WWII movie with a female infantry character, we’ll know it’s time to write the genre off.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Big Grin

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I didn't really care for it (possible spoilers ahead)

The movie is about an hour and 40 minutes long and you would never know this is a secret nazi lab/zombie/whatever flick until you are about 50 minutes in. No time is spent on what it is what they are doing etc. They tossed in a 10 minute conversation between the SS guy and the French girl trying to pull a Tarantino scene. I guess I was expecting something completely different than what I got. Lots of talking and maybe 15% nazi zombies.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I didn't really care for it (possible spoilers ahead)

The movie is about an hour and 40 minutes long and you would never know this is a secret nazi lab/zombie/whatever flick until you are about 50 minutes in. No time is spent on what it is what they are doing etc. They tossed in a 10 minute conversation between the SS guy and the French girl trying to pull a Tarantino scene. I guess I was expecting something completely different than what I got. Lots of talking and maybe 15% nazi zombies.

^^^^^^ Nailed it!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3921 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I saw it today and am still not sure what to make of it. I agree there wasn’t enough zombie action. Overall it was ok, but it could’ve been better.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THIEF/banned
posted Hide Post
i have been looking FWD to this movie but after this review, Not so much.

Posts: 71 | Location: PA | Registered: July 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post