SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Toy Story 4!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toy Story 4!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Was great!
The parents of a kid in my boy’s class rented the entire theater for the Toy Story 4 Premiere.
I have not seen an animated movie in the theater since maybe Toy Story 2.
The animation is stunning. The movie is great.
Not as good as the first, slightly better than the second, worlds better than the third.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I LOVED 1 & 2...The third was pretty awful man. I’m gonna go see it but my expectations are set pretty damn low after Toy Story 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Worlds better than 3. 3 was so dark in my opinion.

————————————————

Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Black, thanks for the report. My special needs son is getting older but he still loves 1 and 2. He walks out of the room if someone tries to treat him to 3. We'll probably risk taking him to a matinee of 4 sometime soon.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My wife wants us to take my three year old to see this in the theater. It'll be her first movie theater experience. Should be fun. Glad to hear it was such a hit. We'll likely go next week.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
4 was awesome.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
My special needs son is getting older but he still loves 1 and 2

Hey man I am OLD and I love 1 and 2. Getting older has nothing to do with losing good taste. ;D

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it yet but I can't help but think about the "quality vs quantity" analogy. This series started 25 years ago and is on its third sequel. In that same 25 years, other studios have poured out literally dozens of movies. Many are good but none can compare to the quality and care put into producing these Toy Story movies.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Excellent video on Pixar’s animation evolution from Toy Story to Toy Story 4.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/qTPKGVrFtQU

————————————————

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I loved all of them so far. Looking forward to seeing #4!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Toy Story 4 was just OK, with Key and Peele providing the only laughs. IMO, it’s a rental.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I read last night that Don Rickles really wanted to reprise his role as Mr. Potato Head in #4 but died before he could, the studio went to the family and got their permission to use various audio from him over the years plus unused audio from 1-3 to have him still be in #4.

How ‘Toy Story 4’ and Pixar keep Don Rickles’ legacy alive two years after his death

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a good movie. My 3 year old was scared a little by the dummy's. I kept hearing the ending was so sad and worst than 3, but I definitely didn't think so. Pretty happy ending in my opinion.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
My Halloween costume from last year.

Dave dressed up as Stinky Pete by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks fun.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had very low expectations, but it was actually really good. My kids loved it.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
My kids are in their mid-20s and in another city so we went on our own.

Liked it!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Saw it this afternoon, liked it a lot! Smile

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I don't have to go see it, tell us about the lesbian scene.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have not seen 4 yet, but I loved the first three. I know I am in the minority for 3, but I still liked it.

Posts: 28 | Location: MS | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post