SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    House of Cards Debrief -- Spoilers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of Cards Debrief -- Spoilers Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted
What a mess. A hot mess. Finales are so often a huge let down. This one to me is so spectacularly so that it almost seems they intended it to be without any sort of satisfying result. This is the only Netflix series I have ever watched. Bummed it's over. Season 6 wasn't the same in any objective way.

Posts: 11383 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I watched about three episodes of the latest series, and don't know that I will watch any more. I think the show had already jumped the shark, but losing Spacey and having to just say "well, he died" tore the story loose from itself. It is kind of pointless.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Stuck it out through to the finale. Don't bother.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watched until the end of this most recent season.

A waste of time. Also just plain offensive in many spots. Like Star Wars, the House of Cards producers have taken things to a point where I don't care what happens next.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
A flailing blithering mess by a group of writers that obviously don't even fucking care at this point. I could write a better more coherent ending season before breakfast today. Hell.... HERE!

--

FBI agent guy panics. He feels cornered and in grave danger from Clair. He's not willing to let his family be directly threatened as Clair has now done. FBI guy kills Doug in the desert. He realizes the full scope of the power struggle between LL Bean cancer dude and Clair. He knows about many of the crimes, and has a sense for what else there must be. He decides to use Doug's absence to buy time, feeding a narrative to both sides about where Doug is and what Doug is doing while he works his plan.

FBI guy aligns with ex-Sec-State Kathy Durant to have Clair whacked. Kathy makes it happen with Russian Presidents assistance. In the end, Russian President is genuinely worried that Clair would start a nuclear war to save her power.

Old reporter dude agrees to work with FBI guy to spin a story that works to keep the lid on this and save the nation,... maybe the world.

Done. Send me my check. ... do I have to join a writers union?

Posts: 11383 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
don't judge the shows, or netflix series by this one,

lots of good stuff on netflix,

wife and I are on episode 3 of season 6,,, may not finish it,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post