SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Incredibles II: I can hardly wait!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Incredibles II: I can hardly wait!! Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
I used to go with my daughter to see Pixar movies before she was married...now I guess I'll have to take my wife.
Anyway, The Incredibles was one of my favorites, now TI II is coming Friday! OMG! Big Grin

Posts: 18007 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It releases in June. Confused Are you travelling forward in time to see this?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Must have been the Olympics...in Korea...other side of international date line... oils hAve sworn...FridY...maybe...cold meds

Posts: 18007 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite of the Pixar films.

Posts: 14551 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the trailer is coming out in the next couple of days. As Orguss said, the movie itself is scheduled to come out in June.

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

A movie that hasn't been release yet is your favorite of all Pixar's films? Does someone want to fess up about this time travel technology that--so far--two of you seem to know about?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

A movie that hasn't been release yet is your favorite of all Pixar's films? Does someone want to fess up about this time travel technology that--so far--two of you seem to know about?

I took it to mean he was talking about the first one by way of saying he might enjoy the upcoming sequel.

Posts: 17044 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

I took it to mean he was talking about the first one by way of saying he might enjoy the upcoming sequel.

Yeah, I thought that it would have been self-evident that his favorite movie was Incredibles I. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21820 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, yes, I enjoy the Parr family and looking forward to Incredibles II.

NO CAPES!

Posts: 14551 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks all, yes, I enjoy the Parr family and looking forward to Incredibles II.

NO CAPES!

I really hope they keep the quality of the story up to 'Parr' as compared to the first one. That was an excellent movie.

Get it? Up to "Parr?". . . Cool

Too many sequels suffer from crappy/lazy writing, so that they decline in quality with each new movie. Rare exceptions have been the Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon films (they maintained or exceeded the quality of the first movie).

It has the potential to be outstanding. However, as we have seen with the latest star wars abomination, too often writers/producers/whoever rest on their laurels and churn out crap sequels.

Posts: 21820 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the music. Incredibles I had an amazing soundtrack.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original was a great movie. I can’t believe they waited this long to make s sequel.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3500 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:

Yeah, they knocked it out of the park with the soundtrack. It called back the 1960s James Bond movies, especially "Thunderball."

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I got several good laughs off the trailer.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7651 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I hope it measures up to the first one, which I liked quite a lot.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I had heard that one of the reasons that the sequel has taken so long to arrive is because Brad Bird had stated that there wouldn't be a sequel unless he found a story that was worthy of the first movie. I have high hopes.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
OK, it was the new Nick Park (Wallace and Grommit) movie opening Friday. Maybe break a rule and go see it right away. I need belly laughs.

No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
I think I may be the only person underwhelmed by the trailer. Looks like it’ll have a few chuckles and I hate to be “that guy” but it looks like it’s just playing off the trope that men can’t be good stay at home fathers, a remake of Mr. Mom basically.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:

Awesome story, characters, and ESPECIALLY the music!

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
I think I may be the only person underwhelmed by the trailer. Looks like it’ll have a few chuckles and I hate to be “that guy” but it looks like it’s just playing off the trope that men can’t be good stay at home fathers, a remake of Mr. Mom basically.

That's what I saw in the trailer also unfortunately. Looks like just another Disney SJW crap fest.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post