SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    AMC's "TURN" Returns Saturday 6/17 For 4th & Final Season
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AMC's "TURN" Returns Saturday 6/17 For 4th & Final Season Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Who here is psyched for TURN! We loved this series and were so glad they gave it a 4th season to wrap it up rather than cancel it.

The freshly turned General Benedict Arnold:

IMO the BEST portrayal of General George Washington since HBO's John Adams miniseries:

AMC TURN

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed each season, its been good to watch.

Yep the actor doing Washington knocks it out of the park,

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've really enjoyed the show, though historically they've taken quite a few liberties. But it's TV "based" on history.

My dad was just telling me one of the Strong's he still knows was grumbling about the portrayal of Anna. lol

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping Simcoe gets whacked this year. But, if it stays true to history, he'll unfortunately survive.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw Netflix now has season 3 and just started to watch it. Good to know it will have another season yet to come.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
We follow it and enjoy it. It doesn't hurt that most of it is filmed around here at locations with which we are familiar.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The actor that portrays Simcoe is very good. I want to reach through the tv and kill him.
It's a shame the series is coming to a close but we all know the ending!

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
The actor that portrays Simcoe is very good. I want to reach through the tv and kill him.
It's a shame the series is coming to a close but we all know the ending!

The Simcoe character is memorable tv bad guy and makes a good series that much better. Sadly, as Gustofer points out, there may well be no closure with Simcoe.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the series alot, and like some of you, I hope Simcoe meets his demise. Very hateable character.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Like the series alot, and like some of you, I hope Simcoe meets his demise. Very hateable character.

They can't kill him off as much as you would like.

He goes on, post-Revolution to establish a little town in Canada called York...better known today as Toronto!

John Graves Simcoe

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Well, they killed off Woodhull's mother about 30-40 years too soon. Big Grin

They have her dying when Woodhull was a child, but in reality she outlived the father.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Just a bump to remind folks.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
love it. cant wait!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Oh man. Brewster getting tortured. Sucks how this turned out. Looking forward to the next episode.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have been watching and enjoying the show. As someone mentioned, many liberties have been taken. But it is TV, the people that bring you Fake News!

This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickcok-Mathew Quigley

Posts: 6 | Location: The Highlands | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
OK kind of secondary in the scheme of things but still --

"..spunk in her ear." !
Martha goes for a handy !!
Spork!!!

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Finally got all caught up and finished the series last night. The last couple episodes felt rushed to wrap it up but I'm still glad they got a solid 4 seasons and not cancelled halfway through it.

If anyone wants to watch a fun and semi-historical (they do get all the major characters actions pretty historically correct) series, I recommend this one.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
It was one of my favorite series ever.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post