SIGforum
AMC's "TURN" Returns Saturday 6/17 For 4th & Final Season

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6660076524

June 13, 2017, 03:09 PM
PASig
AMC's "TURN" Returns Saturday 6/17 For 4th & Final Season
Who here is psyched for TURN! We loved this series and were so glad they gave it a 4th season to wrap it up rather than cancel it.

The freshly turned General Benedict Arnold:

IMO the BEST portrayal of General George Washington since HBO's John Adams miniseries:

AMC TURN

June 13, 2017, 03:25 PM
HRK
I've enjoyed each season, its been good to watch.

Yep the actor doing Washington knocks it out of the park,
June 13, 2017, 04:57 PM
cas
I've really enjoyed the show, though historically they've taken quite a few liberties. But it's TV "based" on history.

My dad was just telling me one of the Strong's he still knows was grumbling about the portrayal of Anna. lol

June 13, 2017, 05:05 PM
Gustofer
I'm hoping Simcoe gets whacked this year. But, if it stays true to history, he'll unfortunately survive.

June 13, 2017, 05:15 PM
KShooter
Just saw Netflix now has season 3 and just started to watch it. Good to know it will have another season yet to come.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.
June 13, 2017, 05:29 PM
Jim Shugart
We follow it and enjoy it. It doesn't hurt that most of it is filmed around here at locations with which we are familiar.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
June 13, 2017, 10:26 PM
Captain Morgan
The actor that portrays Simcoe is very good. I want to reach through the tv and kill him.
It's a shame the series is coming to a close but we all know the ending!

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin
June 13, 2017, 10:58 PM
Ripley
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
The actor that portrays Simcoe is very good. I want to reach through the tv and kill him.
It's a shame the series is coming to a close but we all know the ending!

The Simcoe character is memorable tv bad guy and makes a good series that much better. Sadly, as Gustofer points out, there may well be no closure with Simcoe.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
June 14, 2017, 12:10 PM
MRBTX
Like the series alot, and like some of you, I hope Simcoe meets his demise. Very hateable character.
June 14, 2017, 01:16 PM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Like the series alot, and like some of you, I hope Simcoe meets his demise. Very hateable character.

They can't kill him off as much as you would like.

He goes on, post-Revolution to establish a little town in Canada called York...better known today as Toronto!

John Graves Simcoe

June 14, 2017, 05:25 PM
cas
Well, they killed off Woodhull's mother about 30-40 years too soon. Big Grin

They have her dying when Woodhull was a child, but in reality she outlived the father.

June 17, 2017, 07:33 PM
olfuzzy
Just a bump to remind folks.
June 17, 2017, 10:06 PM
gw3971
love it. cant wait!
June 19, 2017, 09:41 PM
Captain Morgan
Oh man. Brewster getting tortured. Sucks how this turned out. Looking forward to the next episode.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin
June 20, 2017, 07:23 PM
Hairy Clipper
I too have been watching and enjoying the show. As someone mentioned, many liberties have been taken. But it is TV, the people that bring you Fake News!

This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickcok-Mathew Quigley
June 21, 2017, 07:48 AM
Ripley
OK kind of secondary in the scheme of things but still --

"..spunk in her ear." !
Martha goes for a handy !!
Spork!!!

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
September 11, 2017, 11:00 AM
PASig
Finally got all caught up and finished the series last night. The last couple episodes felt rushed to wrap it up but I'm still glad they got a solid 4 seasons and not cancelled halfway through it.

If anyone wants to watch a fun and semi-historical (they do get all the major characters actions pretty historically correct) series, I recommend this one.

September 11, 2017, 06:27 PM
chongosuerte
It was one of my favorite series ever.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones