SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies that are so much worse than what you remember them to be.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies that are so much worse than what you remember them to be. Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Strange Brew

Me and a friend loved that movie when we were kids (like 14yr old I think). Watched it numerous times and thought it was the funniest thing ever. I watched it a couple years ago, man that was some terrible Canadian crap...

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

At nine years old it was pretty awesome...

Plus he had two obedient ferrets, so there's that.

Wasn't that Beastmaster? Loved that when I was a kid too.

They may look like the cast of Beastmaster but I do not think that it is them.
That was Marc Singer and Tanya Roberts in the movie. The guy in the picture looks like the guy that killed Apollo Creed. Wink

No kidding. I wasn't referring to the image that I posted. I was referring to the comment about the ferrets.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
The Walking Tall movies.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Any Bond film with Connery or Moore. Maybe the others won't age well either, but for now that is my line in the sand.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
Billy Jack and all the spin offs.

I'm with urbanwarrior238 on Billy Jack. I thought the Billy Jack series was so cool when I was a teenager watching them at the drive ins. Got the whole dvd set a couple years back and man was I disappointed

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
'The Mole People' didn't seem have the same dramatic impact, that it once did.

The "horror-film" C.H.U.D. also, seemed to have lost a lot of it's edginess.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Independence Day. Wow, the acting is absolutely terrible in this movie. I think it finally hit me when before the human offensive Bill Pullman says to the General, "I belong in the air" with that corny, over dramatic, drawn out drawl. Jesus.

And Vivica A. Fox was intolerably annoying in this movie, not the least of which was due to her horrendous acting.

Jeff Goldblum was entertaining enough and Robert Loggia of course performed well, but the rest...good lord. It's amazing this movie was such a smash hit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
How do we feel about “Tommy”?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
Midway.

BLASPHEMY!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
OOOhooo...about 30 some odd years ago I accompanied my wife and two daughters to see Mac And Me...at the time while watching it...I arrived at the conclusion that it was by far the worst damn movie I had ever seen (which was a knockoff of E.T. The Extra Testical, which sucked donkey dicks from across the pasture IMHO)...I recently re-watched it on MST3K...it was worse than I remembered...at least the 3MSTK crew from "The Satellite Of Love" made it watchable in a funny sorta way Razz...BUT it was WAY, WAY worse than I remembered it!...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
most of the john wayne, maureen o hara movies,
not all ,
but most of them

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boondock Saints. I kept at my almost 20 YO son to watch it with me, and I was like...it was SO badass when I watcher 10+ years ago...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Flesh Gordon.

I remember it being funny. Must have been the second hand smoke from all those little fireflies in the Great Southern Music Hall, way back when.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
"Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"
"Bambi"

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
most of the john wayne, maureen o hara movies,
not all ,
but most of them

Now I have to dissagree with that... those movies were pretty bad to start with but actually I like them better now.... pretty much hokey ... especially the fight scene between the two in McKlintock. But maybe that is because O Hara is still my 2nd favorite actress of all time just behind Katherine Hepburn.
So, we'll leave that Rooster Cogburn disaster of a movie out of the equation....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Rumblefish. I seem to remember it being so much cooler in high school.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Flesh Gordon.

I remember it being funny. Must have been the second hand smoke from all those little fireflies in the Great Southern Music Hall, way back when.

I refuse to type that title into a search engine... Smile

Flash Gordon, on the other hand, has not aged well at all. Weird Science is another one that I really liked as a teenager but is utter crap now.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post