SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies that are so much worse than what you remember them to be.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies that are so much worse than what you remember them to be. Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
For me it was my beloved Buck Rogers TV show of the late 70’s - early 80’s. I LOVED this show when I was 9-10 years old.

Bought the DVD box set a few years ago and UGH, it was terrible. Shitty sets, shitty effects, shitty acting. Just all around BAD. Frown

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
For me it was my beloved Buck Rogers TV show of the late 70’s - early 80’s. I LOVED this show when I was 9-10 years old.

Bought the DVD box set a few years ago and UGH, it was terrible. Shitty sets, shitty effects, shitty acting. Just all around BAD. Frown

But was Erin Gray as hot as you remembered???

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My biggest disappointment so far has to be "The Rat Patrol." I loved watching this with my dad when I was a kid, so I ordered the DVD set last year. I was only able to get through 4 episodes. I kept thinking, "It has to get better. They just haven't hit their stride yet."

Maybe I should skip to season 2 to see if they get any better,

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Wayne’s World. Hilarious when I was in 7th grade. I tried to watch it a few years ago and had to turn it off after about 15 minutes.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

At nine years old it was pretty awesome...

Plus he had two obedient ferrets, so there's that.

Wasn't that Beastmaster? Loved that when I was a kid too.

Oh yeah.

I mistook one Fabio clone for the other. Common mistake, I bet.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Princess Ardala.

Huba Huba

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Not a movie, but I grew up on the original Star Trek. I cannot tolerate it anymore. Next Generation has held up really well, though.

I watched Flash Gordon in the theater when I was a pre-teen, and I thought it was THE greatest movie of all time. Then, several years later, I watched it on VHS. It was horrible, and I could not understand how I liked it in the first place. Today, I love that movie again for the cheese factor.

And I LOVE "Masters of the Universe," though I hated it when it came out.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Billy Jack and all the spin offs.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1368 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Easy Rider and Vanishing Point. Really great movies in high school. Meet up at the drive-in and have a good time watching them. They just didn’t age well. Ditto on Billy Jack.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I still like it!

This includes all of the other Arnold Conan movies. Masters of the Universe is still cool, too!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Try watching the 1982 Tron movie. It did not age well at all. . .

Still good for the cheese factor, and makes me appreciate Tron: Legacy even more.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Highlander. So psyched to show my kids...pretty much had to apologize. Smile

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy Rider. It was my era and I was the right age for it. Liked it a lot in high school; kind of embarrassing two or three or more decades later.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Top Gun immediately came to mind. LOL.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by equivet:
Highlander. So psyched to show my kids...pretty much had to apologize. Smile

BLASPHEMER!!!!

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I have the urge to watch the movie RAD but I have a feeling it's going to be much worse than my 30 year old memory of the movie.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I still enjoy watching RAD every once in awhile.

I watched Iron Eagle the other day. It didn't hold up as well.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a few movies that hold up reasonably well over the decades. In my opinion, "Alien" (1979) is one of them.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
arnold schwarzenegger - Conan the barbarian was so cool but not so much now.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

More so. Because as a kid, I wasn't quite sure why I found her spandex outfits so fascinating. Now I'm quite sure. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post