SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies that are so much worse than what you remember them to be.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies that are so much worse than what you remember them to be. Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Last year, I saw a bit of Top Gun, haven't seen it in decades. At the time it was fun, but now it was hard to watch. Same with Tim Burton's Batman movie with Jack Nicholson- it was embarrassing to re-watch some of it recently. A couple of Sean Connery's James Bond movies fall in the same category, You Only Live Twice and Russia With Love.

Star Wars, I loved as a teenager, but not so much now.

they aren't that bad,,,

or rather not as bad as Diamonds are Forever,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
C.H.U.D.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

At nine years old it was pretty awesome...

Plus he had two obedient ferrets, so there's that.

Wasn't that Beastmaster? Loved that when I was a kid too.

Yes, I still remember watching it and waiting for the slave scene with Tanya Roberts ! Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
C.H.U.D.

Lol, i remember that movie.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The RAD reference made me think of BMX Bandits. I could watch that movie over and over again. Nicole Kidman before she was known.

-Jeff

Posts: 169 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
C.H.U.D.

I don't think that could possibly be worse than I remember it.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Zardoz!

It was impressivelu awful when it first came out..and it still is!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
Zardoz!

It was impressivelu awful when it first came out..and it still is!

What channel would float this turd out for viewing? Haven’t seen this since Cartrr was in office.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I challenge anyone who watched "Iron Eagle" as a youngster - and liked it - to watch it today. Razz

I was a jet eng mechanic on F-16's - and 30 years old - when it released. It was so bad, it wasn't even "good".

But I'm aware enough to understand the perspective of the viewer is what's important. Smile

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'll be a heretic and say anything Marx Brothers.
Smart assery, anarchy, stagy and a lot less smart than the conventional wisdom would lead one to believe. FWIW Contemporaries who used the medium of film better? The Three Stooges.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Cobra

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Midway.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
Home Alone seemed so cool then and I'll watch at every chance i get but not so much now.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

At nine years old it was pretty awesome...

Plus he had two obedient ferrets, so there's that.

Wasn't that Beastmaster? Loved that when I was a kid too.

They may look like the cast of Beastmaster but I do not think that it is them.
That was Marc Singer and Tanya Roberts in the movie. The guy in the picture looks like the guy that killed Apollo Creed. Wink

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cobra

No way - my favorite Stallone movie... Razz

Love the Jatimatic SMG!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
quote:
Cobra

No way - my favorite Stallone movie... Razz

Love the Jatimatic SMG!!!

Hell yeah! Cobra ranked up there with Commando.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I'll be a heretic and say anything Marx Brothers.
Smart assery, anarchy, stagy and a lot less smart than the conventional wisdom would lead one to believe. FWIW Contemporaries who used the medium of film better? The Three Stooges.

I agree. The Three Stooges got it when the Marx Bros. did not. The Three Stooges used their low budgets and time limits ("two reelers") to make physical comedy about real relationships.

Posts: 774 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I know it is popular, but "Tombstone" isn't really very good. I didn't remember that until I tried to watch it again.

Maybe I wouldn't say it is bad, but it isn't all that good either.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Blind Fury with Rutger Hauer. Loved that move as a kid. Looking back it a whole bunch of NOPE.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
1990 - i saw the thriller "The First Power" it was so scary and i hated and loved it at the same time....But not so much now.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post