SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    O Brother fans- 2002 Grammys music
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

O Brother fans- 2002 Grammys music Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I found this looking for a Pappy O'Daniel quote to tease another member with. I didn't know that EmmyLou Harris and Allison Krauss sang the Siren's serenade.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I couldn't be less religious and that song makes me want to get in that water. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
This is the best performance I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALcdFAAojt4

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hi-power man:
This is the best performance I've seen.

Union Station is always great. I love the soundtrack album to O Brother, Where Art Thou? Dan Tyminski is about my current most favorite bluegrass vocalist, and I have followed Gerry Douglas since the early 1970's, where I saw him perform with J.D. Crowe and the New South, in a Holiday Inn in Lexington KY (the Red Slipper Lounge). Other members were Tony Rice and Ricky Skaggs. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The woman who asks for the Soggy Bottom Boys record in the store is Gillian Welch who also sang on the soundtrack.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post