SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sitting down for Experience Hendrix tour
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sitting down for Experience Hendrix tour Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
In Knoxville. Psyched. Review to follow...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Hope you enjoy it. They are coming to Charlotte and I'd be interested if it was a Hendrix tribute band trying to recreate Hendrix's recordings precisely as possible, but that's not what it is.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Intermission. 1st 11 songs were very good. Talent is top notch, and Zack Wylde stole the first half: playing in the audience. Only complaint is that changing out guitarist so often kinda cuts into the vibe or intensity of the show. Looking forward to set 2 (about 17 more songs).

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Good second set. All along the watchtower was incredible with Johnny Lang and several others jamming hard. Satriani didnt disappoint.

------------------
SBrooks

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
if this had hit RVA I would likely have gone,

Dweezil Zappa is in the set, and I have seen him play (ZPZ tours) a couple times,

I've watched a few vids on utube as well, good stuff

I was wondering how it would be live with the different guitarist for a lot of the songs

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Doyle Bramhall (sp?) was the one performer who seemed to most closely follow the original sound with both guitar and voice (to some extent). His stuff sounded more original and less added to or stepped on.

------------------
SBrooks