SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone listen to music on a DAP?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone listen to music on a DAP? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Digital Audio Player? I’m looking at one of these Hi Res audio players, specifically this Pioneer unit:

https://www.newegg.com/Product...4vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I’m curious, if anybody does use one and with some quality headphones.....can you hear the difference they are suppose to make?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
There are many less costly alternatives. Spend some time on https://www.head-fi.org/ forums to learn more. And as to your question, yes they provide a very satisfying musical experience.

I use a portable xDuoo X3 DAP (2x128Gb memory cards for Hi-Res music files) with various IEMs. Have a nice desktop computer audio system with a Schiit Modi 2 USB DAC, Schiit Wyrd USB Decrapifier, and Garage 1217 Project Polaris headphone amp used with Sennheiser headphones.

DAP with an additional amplifier I no longer need/use:

Older picture with a Schiit Vali tube amp without the newer amplifier and the Decraptifier unit:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, bald1. Your right, and I’ve seen the less expensive models. I’m specifically wanting a unit that can connect via WiFi and Bluetooth also though. I listen to streaming music services a lot and plan on using Tidal as much as the memory on the unit itself. I’m kinda leary of the Chinese DAP’s. I will be using it with some Sennheiser HD-1 headphones.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Regarding Chinese DAPs I concur. Never be an early adopter and be prepared for a weird user interface. That said there are numerous Chinese models that have in fact stood the test of time.

Wanting both WiFi and Bluetooth will reduce the population from which to choose.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link above btw. Anything will be an improvement over my Westones and iPhone with a Dragonfly DAC!