SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Stargate Origins (2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stargate Origins (2018) Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted
So I stumbled on this new release by accident. It's 10 episodes of 10 minutes each. Not sure I am crazy about the 10 minute time format, the but first 30 minutes/3 episodes seemed decent. It focuses on Catherine Langford and her father Paul, who initially discovered the Stargate at a dig site at Giza.

The watch online, pay to watch, scheme reminds me of the silliness that is Star Trek Discovery. Just curious if anyone plans to watch it.

https://www.stargatecommand.co

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Since they never got the Stargate to work beyond the one time in '45 when Paul Langford was lost, I'll pass. I can't imagine this show being at all interesting without actual missions through the Gate.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Since they never got the Stargate to work beyond the one time in '45 when Paul Langford was lost, I'll pass. I can't imagine this show being at all interesting without actual missions through the Gate.

This. Atlantis was my favorite base. And there was something I liked about Universe. SG-1 was good, but jumped the shark, truly.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What, you mean you didn't like defeating the Goa'uld only to have the Ori show up to pull the exact same shit? Big Grin I'm with you. Even some of the Ori episodes seemed like near-exact remakes of Goa'uld storylines.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ernest Littlefield was lost, not Paul Langford.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
What, you mean you didn't like defeating the Goa'uld only to have the Ori show up to pull the exact same shit? Big Grin I'm with you. Even some of the Ori episodes seemed like near-exact remakes of Goa'uld storylines.

And don't forget about the Replicators, nasty little metal lego bugs as it were Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post