SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Does anyone enjoy Billie Eilish?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone enjoy Billie Eilish? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted

Many of her songs are great, she's got a long career ahead.

If you don't like her music or aren't interested, there is no need to tell everyone such. Just move along.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed, love "Bad Guy".

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
That was really good, I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting.

Did anyone else hear what I did in the louder 'busier' sections? There was what we used to call an oversaturated recording sound (recording levels too high). There weren't that many instances I guess, possibly about a dozen. Maybe it's just YouTube.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I really like this remix of Ocean Eyes.

https://youtu.be/ZFrXmm3r8iQ

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Her sound reminds me a lot of Lana Del Rey.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Yeah, me too!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Have only heard a couple songs, but its catchy. Was surprised to hear her on the local rock/alternate station. Mostly Bad Guy

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Yeah, me too!

ditto,

I had no idea she is as young as she is

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I enjoy her music and she has lots of potential. Her brother seems very bright.

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Yes I do, actually.

One of the funniest comments on the Hot Ones video was something to the effect of "Billie Eilish, if the entire internet could be boiled down to a single teenage girl."

I don't know why that cracked me up so much, but it did.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Bury a Friend is the song that really achieved "earworm" status with me and caused me to look closer. I have not been disappointed.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
first time listener , listened to four songs , I gotta say , I will probably listen to some more ,
glad you posted this.

Listen to Bille , but while watching faith hill videos, because I am old

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Its funny, I’ve been a Hot Ones fan for a while now and had honestly never heard of her until that episode. I didn’t know what to make of her and wrongly assumed that she was the next Iggy Azalea. Very wrong. I binge watched her videos for about an hour and was amazed. She’s incredibly talented, and I enjoy her singing. And yes, her brother deserves a ton of credit also. Talented family.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I hope she doesn't Amy Winehouse. I don't think she will, but it would be a shame.

Arc.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Good music, but at the risk of my getting ear-tired pretty quickly with the rate my wife and kids want to listen to her stuff plus the radio at work.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
I hope she doesn't Amy Winehouse. I don't think she will, but it would be a shame.

I thought the same thing a few months ago. I really like her and wondered if she'd be gone too soon. She has the same kind of strangeness that Amy Winehouse did.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

I don’t think she will. When I have seen her in interviews, she doesn’t give me the same drug-fueled-creativity vibe that I got from Amy Winehouse. She’s an odd cat, but doesn’t strike me as self destructive.

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I also don't quite get the Amy Winehouse vibe off of her. I think, if I had to guess, that eventually she would get bored with just music and would want to branch into other arts and try to produce works grander in scope. I hope, anyway. She's talented and interesting.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
was surfing utube the other night and came across an Interrupters tune,
they did a cover of Bad Guy,

would it be true to say you have achieved something when some other band covers your work?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post