SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Kolchak - Night Stalker anyone ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kolchak - Night Stalker anyone ? Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
Someone mentioned a show that scared them as a kid (in another thread). I remember being scared to go to bed or turn out the lights after some of the episodes where Kolchak messed with some monster or another...

We got a DVD set of someone's picks of "best episodes" The monsters look pretty stupid compared to today's special effects, but I still liked the show.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My favorite episode: Cemetery graves were being dug up, and no one could discover who was doing it, or what was being done with the bodies.

Kolchak investigated, and discovered that witches were making zombies of the bodies and using them as keypunch operators in a business that made decks of punched Hollerith cards from programmer’s COBOL coding forms. No problems with unions. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8925 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Watched it as a kid (reruns) at my grandparent's when I'd stay over with them.

At the time I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
I used to love that show! Darren McGavin was perfect for that role.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I have the box set! That show skeert the bejesus out of my brother and I! I've watched the box set twice in the last 6 years, I need to do it again!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
It was great! So was Millennium.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4809 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I remember it, but think it was on after my childhood bed time, maybe after 10 PM CST? It had the allure of being kind of forbidden fruit, but I have a vague recollection of watching an episode or two, maybe when I was a bit older, and finding it boring.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to watch it with my folks. My father had a suit of armor in our living room, nothing special, and after watching the one episode where the armor came to life, I would always watch the armor in the living room.

Posts: 6870 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Remember it well After it was over, I had to take the dog out to her kennel.......in the dark. Going down wasn't bad, I had the dog with me. Coming back, alone.....especially when the dog was barking at something. Yeah, I ran real fast to the back door.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good show at the time, but oh so very dated now. Almost unwatchable...

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Doppelgänger episode was classic

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Loved the show when I was a kid. I don't remember the specific episode, but I remember a scene where the monster of the week could take on the appearance of others. It was disguised as Emily Cowles, and Kolchak shot her/it with a crossbow.

I also remember the movie upon which the series was based. He was investigating a series of murders by a vampire. Kolchak thought he was just a nut who thought he was a vampire, but he actually was a vampire.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister loved this show. I was 5 years younger, but would watch it with her anyway. Quite a few sleepless nights waiting for whatever was in my closet to get me Big Grin

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Loved the show when I was a kid. I don't remember the specific episode, but I remember a scene where the monster of the week could take on the appearance of others. It was disguised as Emily Cowles, and Kolchak shot her/it with a crossbow.

I also remember the movie upon which the series was based. He was investigating a series of murders by a vampire. Kolchak thought he was just a nut who thought he was a vampire, but he actually was a vampire.

The monster that would disguise itself as a friend or loved one is the Rakshasa, a monster from Hindu mythology. Now remember kids that was pre Internet, so my next introduction to the Rakshasa was via a Dungeons and Dragon game and Monster Manual. Big Grin

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
excellent series,

wondering if it is on Netflix or Amazon,, been a good while since I have watched an episode (I think it was on some cable channel recently as well)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
(I think it was on some cable channel recently as well)

It was running on MeTV on Sunday nights, but I don't see it on the show lineup anymore.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
It was an awesome show. When I was a kid, my brothers and I would sit and be scared shitless. Good fun !!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
It was an awesome show. When I was a kid, my brothers and I would sit and be scared shitless. Good fun !!

You know the fact that Kolchak was also scared shitless was great.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Link to All Night Stalker & 2 Movies. (YouTube)

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember watching it when I was a little kid...loved it.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post