SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Key Largo/Lauren Bacall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Key Largo/Lauren Bacall Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Just watched “Key Largo.” It was the 4th and final Bogart and Bacall movie. It was also the 4th of 6 collaborations between Bogart and John Huston. Jeez Lauren Bacall was beautiful.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
No doubt she's beautiful, but that angry resting face can be a bit off-putting.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She was a knockout in "To Have and Have Not". The "put your lips together and blow" scene is classic.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
She did an excellent job in "Blood Alley" starring alongside John Wayne.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In to have and to have not, she really looks a lot like our 21 year old granddaughter.

We showed the movie to her our son and our daughter and they both agree the likeness is stunning.
Somehow, I think our granddaughter is taller though.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
In to have and to have not, she really looks a lot like our 21 year old granddaughter.

We showed the movie to her our son and our daughter and they both agree the likeness is stunning.
Somehow, I think our granddaughter is taller though.

Lucky girl. That was the first Bogart and Bacall movie, the beginning of their romance.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is not much better than living in Miami and watching Key Largo during bad weather.

A Classic!
I live 45 minutes from Key Largo and always think of the movie...and the very special chemistry from everyone involved with it.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:

It has the opposite effect on me! Big Grin

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:

It has the opposite effect on me! Big Grin

Me, too! And she doesn't look the least bit angry to me. Rawny, are you old enough to know what the word "Sultry" means? Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
She needs a sammich or three.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I'll take her just the way she is in the photo, and you can have my leftovers! Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Bogie done beat us to it. I prefer someone a little less angular:

But hey, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla! Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lauren herself was 19 or 20 at the time.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lauren was sultry.
Grace was the classic beauty.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
There’s more pretty girls than one.

I watched a good movie and was struck by Lauren Bacall’s youthful attractiveness. That’s all. The picture I posted was from “Key Largo.”

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sorry, TMats. I didn't mean to derail/hijack your thread.

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Rawny, are you old enough to know what the word "Sultry" means? Cool

Sure, but there's "sultry" and then there's "sulky". A search on most of her earlier pictures have that harsh glare in her eyes. The OP's pic with that soft smile is a good look. She did mellow out a bit in her later years.

Good call on Grace Kelly, Jim. Cool

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Sorry, TMats. I didn't mean to derail/hijack your thread.

That’s alright, Jim. I started having visions of picture after picture, each getting progressively more risque until para says, “enough!”

Probably silly of me

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
She was a knockout in "To Have and Have Not". The "put your lips together and blow" scene is classic.

One of the best scenes from one of my favorite movies. The chemistry between Bogie and Bacall is sizzling.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
She needs a sammich or three.

???

I guess you like em fat.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post