SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    War Dog, a soldier's best friend. documentary airing on HBO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

War Dog, a soldier's best friend. documentary airing on HBO Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
If you get a chance watch this, record it. As a Mal owner and k9 part time trainer, tough to watch and excellent doc on the Mal's trained for special ops in the sand.

In the beginning a soldier states "It's not unicorn and rainbox vaginas. It's the fucking real deal." And "you're not gonna go down to Petsmart and get one of these.

These K9's soldiers do not get the respect they deserve. I was in tears watching this.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up; just scheduled it on my Dish Hopper DVR. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll check it out. Thanks

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A similar story is on the History channel series called the Warfighters. The episode is called A Soldiers Best Friend.
Excellent video from the dogs harness. The dogs are with the 75th Rangers.
The series is pretty good but the dog episode was exceptional.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post