SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Papillon ( yet another remake roll eyes )
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Papillon ( yet another remake roll eyes ) Login/Join 
posted
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5...9049?ref_=vi_nxt_btn

one of my top fifteen great films
how could they make it better?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YAAWNN! Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Without knowing anything about the remake, I would be shocked if they didn't add a modern social justice overlay.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5...9049?ref_=vi_nxt_btn

one of my top fifteen great films
how could they make it better?

They can't. And won't.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed. The book was GREAT!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it a couple of days ago. It does nothing. The original is better. That said, the brief appearance of Eve Hewson as the lost girlfriend is pleasant. She played the rebellious nurse in The Knick.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot recall ever seeing a remake that was better than the original film.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man on Fire with Denzel Washington is the only remake of a film that was better than the original (Scott Glenn - 1987 version).

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

The 1941 version of The Maltese Falcon. But that's about it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me there are too many stories that remain to be told.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed. The book was GREAT!!

Agreed.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

The Thing (82) is a significant improvement over The Thing From Another World (51)

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post