SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Walk In My Combat Boots by James Patterson and Matt Eversmann
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walk In My Combat Boots by James Patterson and Matt Eversmann Login/Join 
posted
Highest possible recommendation for this book. Outstanding. It's a collection of brutally honest true stories of men and women who have served in uniform. Most of the stories are post 9/11. Some of the stories are about combat, but some are stories about service right here in the United States. There is a story about a guy who served in the Navy servicing nuclear reactors on aircraft carriers. There is a story about a guy who wound up in Iraq disguised as a journalist who only carried a beretta. All of the stories are compelling. You won't regret reading the book.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I love Patterson’s writing style, especially his earlier works. I’ll check it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
For those that didn't know, Matt Eversmann was a 1st Sgt. in the Ranger battalion that survived the Black Hawk Down event.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Just reserved it on Overdrive. I get it next.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the recommendation. Your review was great. Just enough info.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll check that out.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post