SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    PBS POV “Do Not Resist” The Militarization of US Police
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PBS POV “Do Not Resist” The Militarization of US Police Login/Join 
posted
http://www.pbs.org/pov/donotresist/

A vital and influential exploration of the rapid militarization of the police in the United States. Do Not Resist puts viewers in the center of the action — from inside a police training seminar that teaches the importance of "righteous violence" to the floor of a congressional hearing on the proliferation of military equipment in small-town police departments. Winner, Best Documentary Feature Award, 2016 Tribeca Film Festival.

Full description:

http://www.pbs.org/pov/donotresist/film-description/

This was on a few days ago, I just got around to watching it and was very disappointed. It’s all video clips with no narration or explanation; the clips sure seem selected to make LEOs look bad. It starts out with Ferguson and keeps going back there, but makes no effort to dispel the “Hand up don’t shoot” lie. Then it has a clip from a Dave Grossman seminar, showing how he tells cops to use – gasp! - VIOLENCE! Other clips mock PDs for buying surplus DoD vehicles.

The link below has the 1:10 feature “Do Not Resist.” I taped that and it was followed by an interview with the film maker which I quickly turned off. Watch for yourself, but I recommend low expectations:

http://www.pbs.org/pov/donotre...video/do-not-resist/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I saw it on the program listings the other night, the synopsis said it was about the militarization of the police. What, if the cops have such weaponry, you better not resist them? I was under the impression that was always a good idea not to resist so I didn't watch the show.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It is no secret that PBS is just another leftie propaganda outfit. This really doesn’t surprise me.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
What did you expect? It’s PBS (Primarily Bull Shit) network; they ALWAYS have a leftist-political angle in ALL of their “documentaries”. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
What did you expect? It’s PBS (Primarily Bull Shit) network; they ALWAYS have a leftist-political angle in ALL of their “documentaries”. Mad

Exactly my thoughts. However, I did like the Dave Grossman sections.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
These leftist assholes have been sucking up nearly one-half billion dollars of federal tax money each year.
Hopefully The Donald will soon cut that shit out. Read more about it here.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Well, it is Welfare TV. What would you expect.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
These leftist assholes have been sucking up nearly one-half billion dollars of federal tax money each year.
Hopefully The Donald will soon cut that shit out. Read more about it here.

I didn’t realize this. Along with weekly begging of its viewers to donate $100 dollars for a free gift of a DVD of Peter Coyote’s latest liberal narration? Wow...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Publicizing
Bad
Shit

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post