SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Cloverfield Paradox on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cloverfield Paradox on Netflix Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
It all makes sense now. Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Probably the worst movie I’ve ever wasted two hours of my life on.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I wasted about 45 minutes and then bailed.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I thought it was OK.

I figured what the heck, why not watch it.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*** mild spoilers ahead ***

I thought it was ok. I think they left some things unexplained that we were just supposed to assume were caused by the alternate dimension issue. I knew there wouldn't be much screen time with the big monsters/demons but I was hoping for more than there was.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Hated the first Cloverfield. (Blair Witch Project meets Godzilla)

Liked 10 Cloverfield Lane. (Psychological thriller, with a twist)

Probably won't bother with this third one. Especially since nearly all the reviews, critics and viewers alike, have been overwhelmingly negative.

They've reportedly just finished filming a 4th film in the series, preliminarily titled Overlord. (Shouldn't that be Cloverlord?) It is set during WW2. http://www.slashfilm.com/cloverfield-4/

I do like that they're doing all these as related entries in an anthology series, not direct sequels. If nothing else, it's something different.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Women can be so ungrateful.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Women can be so ungrateful.

Indeed. John Goodman was saving her life and wasn’t even trying any funny business...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Yep, Cloverfield Pair-of-docks blew chunks. This should have been a retro direct-to-VHS release so only masochists with antique equipment could view it. VHS tracking errors would have improved the experience.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not very good.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
It was excellent for my insomnia. Took me three tries to finish it. Not very good but I wanted to see how it ended. It has a decent premise for sci-fi. I figured JJ Abrams would put something out better than this.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I figured JJ Abrams would put something out better than this.

It was only produced by JJ Abrams.

Being a "producer" just means they wrote a check to help fund it. Doesn't mean they had any actual involvement with the making of the film.

(Although depending on the film and the producer, some producers use their control over the purse strings to force the filmmakers to do certain things or make certain choices, and thereby do exert some creative control.)

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I wasted about 45 minutes and then bailed.

You're made of tougher stuff than me. 15 minutes was my limit.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Isn;t that the one that was filmed all with a hand camera used by someone with a severe case of parkinsons? something about monsters attacking N.Y.? I actually paid good money to watch that crap a real theater.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Isn;t that the one that was filmed all with a hand camera used by someone with a severe case of parkinsons? something about monsters attacking N.Y.? I actually paid good money to watch that crap a real theater.

That was the first one, titled Cloverfield. The later ones aren't filmed with handheld cams, and aren't direct sequels.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I gave up about 10 minutes into it. Never saw the other movies. Watched Infini instead.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Fast forwarded to the end from about the half way point.

This is happening a lot more frequently for me. I suspect I'm just getting old and jaded.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Fast forwarded to the end from about the half way point.

This is happening a lot more frequently for me. I suspect I'm just getting old and jaded.

Time is valuable. I just wanted to see what it was about, and how it ended.

TCB all the time...