Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passengers Login/Join 
posted
Wife and I liked it, had something for both of us. A lot of reviews have big issues with one plot point which I think the movie addresses well.

I like this review which does spoil some stuff in the first 35 minutes:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...lying-you-john-nolte

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My wife and I liked it too. There was a lot more downtime than I expected from the trailers..
But it was still entertaining in that time

Considering we have free tickets to regal cinemas, it was a fine date night movie

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Liked it.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we liked it as well. With kids we have to see what's out when we (rarely) have a babysitter.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a late showing - I thought it was a good movie - the first movie that I've seen with Chris Pratt playing a serious role.

The set designers must have had FUN! I liked the idea of the fold-out lamps alongside the bed.

Good music score, especially at the end. I think Maestro would like the music.

Without giving too much away, I liked the last scene when the crew is awakened and walks out into the main area.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I think I can say this without disclosing anything that was not already in the trailers.

I did not like it.

It was difficult for me to get past the reason she was woken up. In a way it turned him into a villain.

Crazy, because their onscreen chemistry was outstanding and had they both been awaken for the same reason, it would have made him more likable and a better movie.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:<snip>

Without giving too much away, I liked the last scene when the crew is awakened and walks out into the main area.

LOL

For future reference, this is the definition of "giving too much away".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it with my wife yesterday as well. We both enjoyed it. Slow-paced but that in itself was refreshing, and a bit formulaic. But again, entertaining.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:<snip>

LOL

For future reference, this is the definition of "giving too much away".

Umm yeah, that's a hell of a spoiler...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So is it more of a space adventure with some romance or romance in space? Or something else entirely?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8143 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
I see only a few movies in the theater, my wife and I went to see this for date night last night and really enjoyed it.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
The set designers must have had FUN! I liked the idea of the fold-out lamps alongside the bed.

I liked the stairway in Chris Pratt's requisitioned apartment.

Something very strange happened at my showing though.

Right at the point where the two main characters are about to step off on their first romantic space walk, a kid one row behind me stood up and started shouting "No! No! No!" repeatedly. He then ran out into the aisle and kept screaming and spinning around and flailing his arms like he had a dozen scorpions on his back. At first I thought he was having a mental episode, but I also thought he'd have a chaperone or something, but no one followed him out.

It freaked a couple of people out and they just left (but they were sitting on the other side of the theater and had nothing to do with the kid).

Then I thought: "Maybe he trip'n, lay of dem bath salts yo."

Management later handed out free tickets and I asked--turns out it was a kid with a temporary mental episode, but we're talking young adult (like 16-20s). Don't know how they calmed him down, booted him or how it was resolved.

There were a lot of people between him and me, and he was on his way out, so there was no need to take any action, but I still got a free movie ticket out of it, so there's that...

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
^^^^
That better than when I went to go see The Martian and a 20 year old kid a couple seats down from me had a seizure. I had to attend to him and missed the first 20 min of the movie. Wish I would'a got some free tix

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I saw this today. I really liked it. Helps that I like the two leads.

I liked it much better than Rogue One. Not comparing the two, of course, just that I enjoyed my experience more.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
^^^^
That better than when I went to go see The Martian and a 20 year old kid a couple seats down from me had a seizure. I had to attend to him and missed the first 20 min of the movie. Wish I would'a got some free tix

Did you ask? If I was management, I would have given you one.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I think this is the first role for Jennifer Lawrence where I thought she looked absolutely beautiful, grown up, and she didn't feel out of place. The chemistry really worked despite Pratt being, what, 10 years her senior?

I've really liked her and had a mild celebrity crush, but until now she's played young roles (Hunger Games, X-Men), or a charactr too old for her (American Hustle).

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It could have been better, but what movie is that not true for, especially in today's Hollywood?

I think they should have played more with time.

SPOILERS SPOILERS
Pratt should have been awake much longer before making his choice, and I think his time in exile after should also have been longer, or at least *felt* like longer. I'd also like to have seen a bit more exploring at the end of what they'd done, rather than just the quick reveal.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A bit late to the party, but I watched this tonight. I enjoyed it, but like Rustpot, I'd have liked to see more of the changes they made over 90 years.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38596 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Good flic. The wife and I enjoyed it.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it. Not one I would watch multiple times, but at least once or twice.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post