New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Sparrow Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just caught it on ITunes. It was good, tempted to go read the book to get more of the back story.

At the end of the day, nothing beats "Point of no Return" when it comes to these types of movies.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, Movie Pass is doing the same thing with the studios. If you want people to come watch your movie, you have to pay Movie Pass to promote your movie within their app. Over the weekend Movie Pass blacked-out showings of Red Sparrow, but promoted Death Wish heavily. I hadn't even heard of the Bruce Willis movie, but that's what I ended up watching because Red Sparrow wasn't available. It appears that Movie Pass is trying to strengthen their negotiation position by using their subscriber base as a bargaining chip.

Sounds more like blackmail.

Posts: 9025 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was not my cup of tea. Spy movies, suspense, thriller usually are. D+

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what it’s worth, I read the book a few years back. It’s written by a retired CIA case officer who did a 30+ year career. The book has some authenticity and humor to some of it. I haven’t seen the movie but I suspect they made it overly dramatic.

An example of the book’s style was a scene where a younger officer was paired up with a more experienced guy. They had to break into a house to search for something, and the younger guy asked if the other knew how to pick locks. “Are you kidding?” responded the seasoned fellow, and kicked the door. Smile

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Found it just OK.
It had a lot of the original French Nikita, some Salt and Atomic Blonde to feel original in any aspect.
At some point I was simply bored and the movie dragged it's feet to an ending that reminded me of Salt.

Would not recommend it unless you haven't seen the forementioned movies or read similar spy books.

I do not like the actress. Can't put my finger on the real reason but suspect it has to do with the Hunger Games film saga. Will never get my time back.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen it. Won't see it. She can go climb up her own ass AFAIC.

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, for me too. I've culled a lot of people I am willing to pay to see.

Plus, Jennifer L's totally deadpan face I find painful to watch.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post