SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The action movie "Nobody" with Bob Odenkirk
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The action movie "Nobody" with Bob Odenkirk Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
We just saw the movie Nobody with Bob Odenkirk of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. We both loved it and it was quite the ride. Directed by Ilya Naishuller who also directed Hardcore Henry.

Elements of John Wick and a bit of the The Equalizer with just a touch of humor in a few scenes. If you liked John Wick, chances are you are going to like Nobody also. The buss fight scene in the trailer was a pretty extended and brutal affair but I don't want to give any of it away. The director did not waste much time getting into the meat of the movie either. Highly recommended if you like this type of action movie.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The second video you posted is my friend/neighbor Darren. He actually sent a last minute text seeing if any of the guys in the neighborhood wanted to go see this movie with him Thursday but I couldn't make it. Sounds like a fun flick. I'm usually in sync with his recommendations so the fact that he liked this one a lot means I'm sure I will too.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
It was a blast. I don't know when I laughed that hard in a movie.

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Yellowjacket— your buddy fight Odenkirk?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
Yellowjacket— your buddy fight Odenkirk?

Cracked me up how it kept getting worse as the video went along.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
The second video you posted is my friend/neighbor Darren. He actually sent a last minute text seeing if any of the guys in the neighborhood wanted to go see this movie with him Thursday but I couldn't make it. Sounds like a fun flick. I'm usually in sync with his recommendations so the fact that he liked this one a lot means I'm sure I will too.

Neat! I really like his one minute movie reviews that have motivated my to watch a number of his recommendations. We just watched Hard Core Henry a couple days ago because of his recommending it so highly. Hallow Point was another recent watch we were pleased with based on his recommendation.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DetonicsMk6:

Yeah a lot of good laughs too. That scene in the tattoo parlor was great as was the one in the retirement home. Big Grin

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Saw it tonight. Solid.

One gun gaffe... at one point he says he used HK USP 45 while the camera was panning over a gun (HK USP 9) that clearly said "9x19."

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saw it tonight. Solid.

One gun gaffe... at one point he says he used HK USP 45 while the camera was panning over a gun (HK USP 9) that clearly said "9x19."

Ok I’m a gun geek’s gun geek and even I can give them a pass on that. Smile. I mean one USP looks like the next in all but the closest scrutiny.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Saw it tonight. Solid.

Ok I’m a gun geek’s gun geek and even I can give them a pass on that. Smile. I mean one USP looks like the next in all but the closest scrutiny.

but that's the problem... they did a slo-mo closeup of the side of the gun and "9mmx19" was 8'-0" wide on the theater screen. Big Grin

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I am SO glad to hear guys are liking this movie.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I am SO glad to hear guys are liking this movie.

It's a lot of fun, though not as fast-paced as I thought it might be. It is certainly not John Wick. Odenkirk and Lloyd are great and there are some very real laugh out loud moments.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DetonicsMk6:

"Give me the GD kitty cat bracelet!

I thought it was a great comedy action flick.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both really enjoyed it. But we were desperate to see a movie in a theatre

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Great movie. Lots of fun. Well worth the full price rental in demand.

So... Did his wife know or not?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved it.

Who woulda thunk Odenkirk as action hero. Ex-Saturday Night Live writer - back in the day when they actually were still funny.

Was worth the price.

drendean

Posts: 48 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed this movie and was in need of something fun. It was worth the full rental cost and I ended up watching it twice. I laughed out loud at moments on both occasions.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Heard an interview with Odenkirk that has me interested in the movie too. In real life he had a home invasion. He didn't provide details except this person walked right in through an unlocked back door. He got everyone out. It took the police 90 minutes to get this person out. Left a real mark on him and this movie was good therapy for him because of that encounter.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Saw it tonight. Solid.

but that's the problem... they did a slo-mo closeup of the side of the gun and "9mmx19" was 8'-0" wide on the theater screen. Big Grin

I'm usually one to let the odd gun gaffe go in a movie, but I agree that one was blatant.

For those who haven't seen it yet, stay a little while for the credits. Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just finished this one. Really enjoyed it & it was not what I was expecting from the trailer, turned out better.
Curious if there'll be a 2nd?

The USP jumped out to me immediately, too.

Definitely unexpected from Doc Brown.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post