SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Did Netflix buy Bollywood?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Netflix buy Bollywood? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Netflix advertises "106 new shows added this week".

100 of them are from India. WTF?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Tons, literally, are here under H1B Visas.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
For every A-list movie, they have to pad their content with a dozen shitty movies.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Having to wade through all the Bollywood films and shitty B-movies is definitely getting worse/more noticeable.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's not to like?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
^^Da Fuq?

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are there any about call centers and technical support? You know where the crazed American travels to India and raises hell. I would watch that.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Are there any about call centers and technical support? You know where the crazed American travels to India and raises hell. I would watch that.

"Unplugged in Mumbai" with Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Steven Segal does a cameo as the Shift Supervisor.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
A million rupees here, a million rupees there, pretty soon you are talking about real money.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
You say that like it's a bad thing. Wink

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
For every A-list movie, they have to pad their content with a dozen shitty movies.

A dozen? Ha!

It's like redbox, for every movie you've even HEARD OF, good, bad and in between, there's 100 you haven't.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
meh, PHP, just turn your hearing aids down.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Maybe if I dumped Netflix I could afford hearing aids.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Lol, some of the stuff is not as bad. There is a canadian show. Indian detective that was quite funny

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
You say that like it's a bad thing. Wink

snip

I that a Tarantino flick?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Netflix advertises "106 new shows added this week".

Yeah, Netflix has been slowly going downhill since they lost Starz several years ago. Used to be we watched a lot of Netflix. Now relatively little. Just finished Hell On Wheels (which was an AMC series, I would note) and found nothing new of interest.

Most of their own content seems to be targeted to sell on a mix of CGI, graphic violence, nudity and sex, rather than well-scripted stories with intelligent plot lines and good acting. The only one my wife and I actually liked enough to get all the way though a full "season" was Ozark.

In fact, upon reflection: Of the number of series' we've truly liked, and there've been several, only one, Ozark, was a Netflix Original.

Oh yeah... Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was funny the first season. Went right into the crapper in the second.

If they keep going in this direction I imagine we'll eventually drop them.

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

"A dozen"?!?!?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol, some of the stuff is not as bad. There is a canadian show. Indian detective that was quite funny

Concur. I liked that show a lot and hope it has more seasons.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post