SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Which, In Your Opinion, is the Most 'American' Movie?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which, In Your Opinion, is the Most 'American' Movie? Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I so want to say John Wick. But have to go with Star Wars because, you know, I'm a nerd.

Rebels fighting an Evil Empire and winning with a farm boy and a rogue. And an effects budget that never would have gotten it made anywhere else and dominating film for decades thereafter. So there and may the Force be with you.

p.s. Star Trek doesn't count because the movie blew and it was a TV show first.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1955 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Vicious:
The Grapes of Wrath.

It's nothing but communist propaganda. Awful movie.

For the same reason The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly was mentioned, I'll go with Once Upon A Time In The West or Wyatt Earp.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Patton

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Lee Marvin's song 'Wandering Star' was No. 1 in England for 16 weeks. This inspired his friend Lee Van Cleef (the King of the Spaghetti Westerns) to demand that he must have a song in one of his movies. Thence the movie 'Captain Apache'.

And from left-field... lets put the all black cast film 'Cabin in the Sky' in contention. Louise Armstrong, Lena Horne, Ethel Waters, angels, devils, tap dancing, jazz, a church hymn, a revolver, a tornado, temptation, redemption; a beautiful if neglected film.

I saw Cabin in the Sky as a kid and was fascinated. Lena Horne....wowzers.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Anything John Ford made that had John Wayne in it.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
Anything John Ford made that had John Wayne in it.

I like that answer.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16340 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
The Last Picture Show

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
First movie that comes to mind is American Graffiti and then Born on the Fourth of July.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Green Beret's . John Wayne.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5296 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bullitt
Chisum
Dirty Harry

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dbuck47:
Bullitt
Chisum
Dirty Harry

Steve McQueen, John Wayne, & Clint Eastwood; an unbeatable trio of Heroic American actors in arguably each actor's best role as an independent "self-made" Bad Ass Hero. I like your choices!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
American Graffiti

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Last of the Mohicans.

CHINGACHGOOK: The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the red man of the wilderness forests in front of it. Until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us ... The frontier place is for people like my white son and his woman and their children.

HAWKEYE: That's my father's sadness talking.

CHINGACHGOOK: No. It is true ... One day ... there will be no more frontier. Then men like you will go, too. Like the Mohicans. [pause] And new people will come. Work. Struggle to make their light ... One mystery remains.

HAWKEYE: What is that?

CHINGACHGOOK: Will there be anything left to show the world that we ever did exist?

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P226_operator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Top Gun.

"I got the need...the need for speed!"

"Make like a Civil Engineer; build a bridge, and get over it!"

Posts: 334 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post