SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    For your ears and your eyes... Linda Ronstadt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For your ears and your eyes... Linda Ronstadt Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...AE&feature=emb_title

The band kills it, the harmonies are tight, and Linda was a force back in the day. She was way past prime by the time I arrived on the planet but my mother absolutely loved here and I have to concur.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Made my day watching and listening to it. Thanks.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always loved her music. She really had a great voice. Only got to see her in concert once back in about '75 or so but it was great.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
She was great, so sad what Parkinson's has done to her.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I was there that night. Wow I remember Waddy's guitar strap falling off and Linda reattached it. Man what a trip. don't remember much else from those days TBH. I never knew it was recorded.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I look back and think, maybe I shouldn’t have dumped her back then

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 97 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Doesn't hurt that Tumbling Dice is one of the most perfect songs of all time.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Sometimes I look back and think, maybe I shouldn’t have dumped her back then

Is that you, Jerry Brown.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of the Eagles said she was that little girl with the biggest voice in the room.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
If you haven't downloaded/bought her "Feels like home" album, please do so! It is worth the price just to her her, Emmylou Harris, and Dolly Pardon singing "After the Gold Rush".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykMzS6ugnPI

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I was fortunate to see her perform with the Stone Poneys in 1966 (or 1967), at an outdoor stage.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somewhere back in the day, I had a poster of her in roller skates (the Living in the USA album) in my locker.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She was a looker . . .

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got some complaints about her big hit "You're no good". A couple of older women didn't like it, found it trashy, they said.

Station manager liked the song and we played it. Found out later he was at one time involved with a younger woman who could be the main character in the song.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post