SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Shaving Razors Cold, And It Stings..."
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Shaving Razors Cold, And It Stings..." Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I probably heard this first on a re-run of The Brady Bunch lol. Used to rush home after school to catch the re-runs of the Monkeys Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched as kid and probably still have a few of their CDs laying around.

Lobo Gunn

We live, we learn, we lead so that our children may become our Future.

Posts: 356 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved the Monkees as a kid and saw them serveral times when the got back together.

Years later, Davy Jones was doing a few shows at one of my clients and right before the first show my normal event photographer had to bail on on so I decided to shoot it myself and so glad i did. I got to spend time with Davy backstage, shoot his meet and greet with VIP's and then shoot still of him on stage. I found him to be one of the nicest, most pleasant and accommodating people I have ever worked with. He was truly appreciative that he had an audience and really seemed to have a great time on stage.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Monkees and this song.

Always thought it was weird that Anne Murray did a version of it. Kind of like the new version of "Gentle On My Mind" done by some young female country singer. Very strange.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daydream Believer was written by one of the best singer-songwriters of the era, John Stewart, once a member of The Kingston Trio. One original lyric was, "now you know how funky I can be". When the Monkees and Pat Boone wanted to record the song, they thought "funky" somehow had less than pure connotations and wanted to change it to "happy". John said he at first objected on artistic grounds, until someone estimated the royalties he would receive from the two cover versions, at which point he decided "happy" would sound "real good".

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post