SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Avengers End Game want to watch(never seen previous)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers End Game want to watch(never seen previous) Login/Join 
posted
Folks I watched Marvel's Avengers on prime the other day and I really enjoyed. The only other super hero movie I had seen before was Iron Man 1&2 and that is it. I really liked the Avengers but there were a few points I didn't fully get but still enjoyed it. So watching Endgame without the others leave to many gaps or should I spend my 4th watching the rest before watching Endgame.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Both Guardians, Ragnorok, followed by Infinity War then, Endgame

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14037 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Watch Avengers 1, 2, Winter Soldier, Civil War Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy and Infinity War and you should be good. Might want to add Captain America 1 as well.

Ragnarok adds some as well.

They really do ALL come together.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
You kind of need to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, for Captain America: Civil War to make sense.

Here’s a list I found online laying out the recommended order of movies to watch...

MCU movies in order of timeline, not the order of release. What I think are optional in parentheses.

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

(Agent Carter TV Series (2015–2106))

Captain Marvel (2019)
It takes place in the 1990s and lays the track for the origin of the Avengers.

Iron Man (2008)
(The Incredible Hulk (2008))
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Thor (2011)
The Avengers (2012)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Captain America: Winter Soldier (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Ant-Man (2015)
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Black Widow (2020)-not out yet
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
This film relies so much on Peter Parker’s experience in Civil War that I would recommend watching it before Doctor Strange.

(Doctor Strange (2016))
It gets a little tricky here at the end. The Doctor Strange end-of-credits scene leads directly into Thor: Ragnarok, and the end of Thor connects to Guardians 2. Black Panther is kind of an island unto itself. So you can mix and match a little here as you see fit.

Black Panther (2018)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Like I said, I think spending time in space with these weirdos is a good mood-booster to head into the grim showdown of Infinity War and Endgame. Plus, it lines up, teenage Groot-wise!.

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)-on Netflix...I think

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't have that kind of time.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
There has been some really good Marvel movies if you are into that, I've seen them all and Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor Ragnarok and Captain America The Winter Soldier are my faves. The Avengers and Avengers Infinity War are also must sees if you liked Endgame. If you get the time later on, lots of good ones.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can pretty much get everything on prime, not going to do the full list didn't realize there were that many movies. For sure the captain America movies, Thor and Avengers ending on End Game.

I have 3 day weekend will probably start Friday and just chill. So weird not being out for the 4th but I rarely get to just zone out and watch tv.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
And then take a "side trip" to Deadpool and Deadpool 2. They make fun of the X-Men timelines and I think are funnier than the others. They also contain much worse language if that sort of thing bothers you.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
You can't watch End Game on its own. It's not a stand alone movie. It's more like Infinity Wars part 2.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
They make fun of the X-Men timelines and I think are funnier than the others. They also contain much worse language if that sort of thing bothers you.

DP 1&2 make fun of EVERYTHING Marvel, he just focusess on the X-Men because he's (kinda) that franchise.

And DP 1&2 contain much worse EVERYTHING (Sex, drugs, language, adult themes, violence, dark humor). But in a good way.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
My Aunt only watched Infinity War and enjoyed it enough to get most of Endgame. If you have extra time, both Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War are excellent and worth the time. Both Guardians of the Galaxy movies are fun, but not needed and Thor:Ragnarok ends where Infinity War begins. I loved the movie, but if you take this way too serious, you're not going to like it.

Avengers: Age of Ultron is better ignored and is covered in the first 10ish minutes of Infinity War.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
There's 24 movies total in the main MCU if you don't count the series like Agent Carter or Agents of Shield.

If you can, see them all. Infinity war and Endgame tie in all other 22 movies. The first Guardians of the Galaxy is a must-see and that's the first introduction we have of Thanos. That, and it's one of the best movies produced in the MCU.

If you really want to dive into the story of all the stones individually, you have to see Thor: The Dark World (Reality Stone), Captain America, the First Avenger (Space Stone ie, "The Tesseract"), Avengers (Space and Mind stones), Avengers: Age of Ultron (Space and Mind Stone), Dr Strange (Time Stone) and Guardians of the Galaxy (Power Stone). The Soul Stone doesn't make it's first appearance until Infinity War.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
You don't have to watch all of them to enjoy Infinity War/Endgame - they do a decent job laying out the overall plot points, but there are a lot of little things that make a lot more sense when you do. Like, why is Hulk having issues? Who is that chick at the end? Why does the dude have a stone in his forehead? Why did Nebula and Gamora switch sides? Stuff like that.

Some of the MCU movies are great, some are ok, some aren't very good, but they all contribute to the overall story a little bit, and IW/EG cap them off as outstanding movies in their own right.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post