SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Seeing Kid Rock on Friday...anyone been?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeing Kid Rock on Friday...anyone been? Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted
I've been a Kid Rock fan for years. I've been watching videos the past couple of weeks and it seems like he has been working an American flag into his videos since the beginning.

Anyway, going to see him in St Louis on Friday. Anyone here been to one of his shows? I've heard it will be a great show....actually one of the best shows I will ever see.

Anyone with experience? What can I expect?

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I saw him a few times in his heyday, all good shows, IMO.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Saw Kid Rock back in 2003. Small show in an aircraft hangar in the middle of Baghdad International Airport. Awesome performer and quite funny too. I have not been to another one of his shows (or anyone elses for that matter) because I don't care for crowds, but I would if I could deal with large groups of people.

Here is a pic that I got at the time. There was no artificial light in that hangar, yet he came out looking like he had a stage light pointed directly on him.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
His last couple of albums have been terrific. He just released one a few weeks ago and I love it. You should enjoy the show!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Awesome show! It was raining but the show went on.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
Have to one of his shows.

Great showman and loves this country!

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I have to chuckle. I would have never guessed Kid Rock does costume changes in between sets.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
It’s part of the show. His keyboard guy gave him shit about the denim overload that he put on to sing Cowboy. So he came out in a tracksuit and gold chains to do one of his older songs.

The guy knows how to put on a great show. And a patriotic American as well.

Plato