SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Horrible concerts
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horrible concerts Login/Join 
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
remembered another one,

first and only time (so far) I have walked out of a show

Real Big Fish, headliner,
English Beat, 'midliner'
and a variation of a local ska band as the opener,

local band was a variation of an older band that was called The Good Guys, basically some former member and other folks,

ska/kinda reggae type sound, really good group

English Beat, despite the fact that Dave Wakeling is the only original member,
were fantastic

real big fish, we made it thru 3 songs and punched the fukkit button, they were horrible, but then again, we were not college students ,,,,

walked out by the front bar to look at the merchandise on the way out and lo and behold Wakeling is hanging out,

got to have a great conversation with him, wife's shirt was signed, great time,

he told me he did the tour with RBF to get his music in front of a younger audience

Just as an FYI The English Beat released a new album in June. I love them.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Def Leppard 1988 at The Omni in Atlanta. Bad venue and worse band. I want my $17.50 back! Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carlos Santana in Columbus.

He played just one of his popular songs. The rest was some kind of African music with a black woman singing in some foreign language.
Most people left after the first 15 mins.
I had to punish myself, thinking he would eventually play something of value..nope.
Nobody applauded except for his one song. Really bad.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Lee Michaels at the Spectrum in Philly in 1971. Terrible.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Zac Brown Band Raleigh, NC

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, Eric Clapton, 1974 in Chicago. I guess I was expecting Cream or Derek and the Dominos. Didn't even play Layla, nor jam or solo much. We were high, but apparently EC wasn't. Roll Eyes

Set List:

Smile
Let It Grow
Can't Find My Way Home
Blues Power
Have You Ever Loved A Woman
Tell The Truth
Willie and the Hand Jive
Get Ready
Let It Rain
Key to The Highway
Presence of The Lord

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Clapton plays what he wants to play, not what you want him to play Smile

I would love to see him play that set list today!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
The woman I was dating in the late '90's was a big Oasis fan and dragged me to see the in the Twin Cities. Opening act was some Indie thing that you couldn't understand and I'm pretty sure they were baked out of their minds.

Oasis came out, hoped they'd be better, they weren't. She was all excited, I was wishing I could get that time of my life back.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:
Gordon Lightfoot somewhere back in the late 70's. Good music but it got really boring after three songs.

This was my choice too. I walked out ripping up the rest of my ticket! Talk about a one hit wonder.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Doors. Flat music. Performance mechanical. Very seldom heard Robbie.

One of the best concerts. Ike and Tina. Yes Ike. And what Tina wore.....wow! We had real close seats

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:
I wanted to go to so there had to eventually be a trade off. In return, I took her to see Celine Dion.

I’ve still not recovered from this.

I don't think I'd take Scarlet Johanson to see Celine Dion.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I saw Billy Ray Cyrus, after Achey Breaky Heart mania. He was terrible. Just a low talent hack. Plus it was at the Houston livestock show in football stadium where the acoustics are bad.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I saw Billy Ray Cyrus, after Achey Breaky Heart mania. He was terrible. Just a low talent hack. Plus it was at the Houston livestock show in football stadium where the acoustics are bad.

I watched Billy Ray Cyrus get booed off stage at the Hodag Country Festival around the Achy Break time period, he deserved it. Until this year that was my worst concert. This year it was Toby Keith. He probably should have been booed off but most of the crowd was too drunk to notice how bad he really was and his band carried the show. He was either too drunk to remember the words to his own music or he was on some heavy medications (legal or otherwise). He blacked out in the middle of a song, the band played on, and then someone managed to get him awake. Some of the promoters said the performance the day before at another show followed a similar track but he got pulled off stage early.

It's a shame because when he performed sober he was one of the best performers I have ever seen.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
To follow the County lines above, Cole Swindel was less than average as an opening act for Dierks Bentley last year. He has a couple good songs but after a while they all start sounding the same and he just has no character to his singing style.

The other show I didn't care for was the Grateful Dead at Alpine Valley Wisconsin in 1985. I got bored and left early as it was also my first solo concert.

The back story was the Dead were in town for two nights and my buddies got tickets for both nights. I could not make it the first night cause of work. Ended up driving after work and when I finally found them the next morning they were spent and bailed on the next show. Shit. I paid for my concert ticket and got a speeding ticket on the way up so I was staying for the show.

Watching the Deadheads through the day was quite interesting but after a while it got old. Think I left 2/3rds the way thru the show.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
R.E.M. in 1983 or 84 at the Egyptian Theater in DeKalb, IL.

The Egyptian was an old movie theater they also had concerts at. R.E.M. was not properly set up for such a small venue. It was so loud that you could not even distinguish what song they were playing. I kept waiting for the crew to adjust the amps, but they never did.

After 4 songs I gave up and walked out.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Willie Nelson in Salem Oregon about 1996 or so. He was so drunk he could hardly stand up.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I was coming here to post the exact same thing about the exact same performance. That is one of the worst songs in the history of music.

That is the only concert I have ever been to that I genuinely thought was terrible.

Although I was kind of on the fence about whether a rodeo performance counted as a concert... They're pretty short.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Willie Nelson in Salem Oregon about 1996 or so. He was so drunk he could hardly stand up.

"Drunk". Big Grin

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
There are 2 that stick out to me, Styx in 1983 with the "Kilroy Was Here" tour, it was like a Broadway play, boring as hell. The 2nd was Def Leppard in 2016, Joe Elliott lost his voice and they went on with the show. The next night they cancelled the tour due to his voice.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Zac Brown Band Raleigh, NC

...And his whiskey taste like gasoline.

Give it a miss too while you’re at it.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post