SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Horrible concerts
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horrible concerts Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was by far the worst concert I have ever witnessed, second only to Natalie Cole, who also played a Great American Christmas Party. I swear, worst concerts ever. Frank was old, could not remember the words and mumbled through the whole concert. Natalie was strung out on something, could not remember some of the words to a song and blamed the fiasco on the USPS, who failed to deliver the music timely. This was before the internet is what it is today..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was lucky to see Natalie Cole before she was strung out. Wonderful performance and engaged the audience as well. Clearly was not using at the time. Sorry you had a bad experience.

My two worst experiences were BO Diddley near the end of his career and Tyrone Davis who showed up late and had a really bad attitude. Spent more time complaining about the venue than playing. Eric Burdon sucked too. Drank a ton on Yagermeister before performing, slurred his words and tried to "jazz up" his performance. The NEW ANIMALS who backed him up were not bad. I never saw George Jones but have heard the stories. He even writes lyrics about his shitty attitude.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a thread I never knew I needed. Quite enjoying it!

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Worst also happens to have occurred with the best:

Tommy Tutone. Opened for the best, but was the only band I've ever heard truly "booed" from the stage. In even their one hit - Jenny - could save 'em.

But that was followed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Ranked either 1 or 2 best shows I've ever seen.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
A few years back we went to a Toby Keith concert at APG (Aberdeen Proving Grounds) here in Maryland. He was horrible but we gave him a past as he had just come back from a tour in Iraq still had jet lag. Even big stars have to rest. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
The mid-1980’s a good buddy of mine had connections at a local performing art center and scored me two front row tickets to Bob Dylan who at the time was someone I enjoyed listening to. Worst concert ever. He mumbled his way through a 40 minute set, never made eye contact with the crowd and didn’t make an effort to say hello, good to see you or goodbye.

I didn’t spin one of his albums for a decade after that show.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
I enjoy country music and have seen tons of amazing concerts, but Sara Evans just barely dialed it in and spent a good deal of time bashing current country artists. It was sad and annoying.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Bob Seger pre Silver Bullet Band days, 1973. He was on the same bill with Iggy and the Stooges.

Seger was bad, really bad. To the point that I walked out and returned when Iggy came on stage.

Two years later I went to the Michigan Palace, the old Michigan Theater now a parking garage in downtown Detroit. Seger was the headliner, I got talked into going, that took a lot of talking. This was just ahead of the concert that Live Bullet was recorded at, Cobo Hall.

He had back what he lost a couple years before!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
OK, this was the early 80's, and things have become somewhat hazy, but I remember Sammy Hagar as an opening act for one of the two times I saw Journey during the 80's. This was before Hagar joined Van Halen (I will never understand why Van Halen allowed Hagar to be their front man).
Sammy Hagar sucked (well, I think Sammy Hagar still sucks...I can't sing, yet I can sing better than Hagar)...

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob Dylan, some time around 1989/1990.

Took the stage without addressing the crowd, played his set (terribly) without getting off his stool or addressing the crowd, and then stood up and left without addressing the crowd. House lights came on immediately; no encore.

Steve Earle (Copperhead Road) opened for him though, and blew the roof off the joint. He was fantastic.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Norfolk, VA | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Back in the 80's or early nineties; AC/DC. The music had distortion after distortion. The band was out of sync.
People behind us were drunk and puking all over themselves. I couldnt wait to get out of the arena.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The Counting Crows circa 2006. That Sideshow Bob look-alike douche lead singer just wouldn't shut up about his politics. I've hated their music ever since.

The Goo Goo Dolls had opened for them and were really good though.

Damn, has it been that long ago? I was thinking it was just two or three years ago. The Goo Goo Dolls were great. It would have been a better show if the Counting Crows had never showed and I used to really like their music.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Back in the late 1970s seen the Cars.. they played OK but they did not hardly move around outside of playing their instruments during the concert also not much if any face or body expression. It was kind of odd to see for a concert.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
June 13th, 1981. Friend of mine told me he got a couple of tickets to a concert in San Francisco at the Longshoremen's Hall. Wendy O. Williams & The Plasmatics. Part concert, part insane asylum.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
B.B. King. We were in the balcony of the Riverside Theater in Milwaukee and the acoustics were truly horrible. The vocals were clear as mud. I went downstairs for drinks, the doors were open and the sound was fantastic.

Eric Clapton on the old Main Stage at Summerfest some time in the early 80s. Just a dull show.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
White Lion opened up for AC/DC.

There were actually people laying down and sleeping while White Lion stumbled through the most boring 4 songs I've ever heard before getting booed off the stage. The terrible guitar player thought more of himself than anyone else and started flipping off individual audience members who dared say he sucked. Lame!

I was never a huge AC/DC fan but they put on an exciting, tight, well-planned and practiced performance. They were awesome and saved the night. I now own a couple of their albums.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I saw Jethro Tull in the early nineties it was the most boring concert I have ever been to.I can't remember who opened for them but they were just as bad.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
99 or 2000, i think - Everclear playing a festival in Columbia, SC. Sound was terrible, I'm pretty sure the lead singer was drunk, and he didn't remember the city he was in.

Eve6 played the same day and while they sounded good, there was no presence to them. Felt like I was watching a video instead of a live performance.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I had to think hard about this one. I’ve been to many concerts, and just about all of them were great shows. But there was one stinker...

We went to see Alison Krauss and Union Station, and Willie Nelson was the headliner. AKUS were fantastic, of course. But Willie and his band were AWFUL. We walked out after four songs.

They were off key, out of tune, all over the place. Ugh.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Uriah Heep sucked both times I saw them. Should have learned the first time.
Saw Jerry Jeff Walker so drunk on stage I was surprised he could stand up. Waste of time and money.
Deep Purple was just a bunch of loud, loud noise.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
What’s the worst show you have ever seen? For me it was the Police in ‘07.
The Mrs. got 2 tickets. My friend begged her for one ticket. She got a heck of a bouquet of roses, 2 pounds of Godiva, and by far the better end of the deal.

ghost in the machine tour, W&M hall, gogo's as the opening act,

great show,

maybe 6 yrs ago,
Police at UVA, Stings son's band was the opening act,

show was OK, seemed like every song was played a lot slower,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post