SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Horrible concerts
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horrible concerts Login/Join 
posted
What’s the worst show you have ever seen? For me it was the Police in ‘07.
The Mrs. got 2 tickets. My friend begged her for one ticket. She got a heck of a bouquet of roses, 2 pounds of Godiva, and by far the better end of the deal.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
My sister was a huge Police fan in the 80's. Went to the show and said they were absolutely horrible live.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Probably should be in The Lair but OK.

By my choice: Damn Yankees opening for Bad Company in 1990. Damn Yankees actually killed it, Bad Co basically acted like they didn’t want to be there.

Not by my choice: Disclaimer, you can not have my Man Card as my wife went to several concerts I wanted to go to so there had to eventually be a trade off. In return, I took her to see Celine Dion.

I’ve still not recovered from this.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aerosmith, Pump tour. God awful sound. Joan Jett opened, was much better.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Frank Sinatra played the Great American Christmas Party back in the 90's.

I had always wanted to see him, so I was thrilled when I learned he was the entertainment that evening.

It was by far the worst concert I have ever witnessed, second only to Natalie Cole, who also played a Great American Christmas Party. I swear, worst concerts ever. Frank was old, could not remember the words and mumbled through the whole concert. Natalie was strung out on something, could not remember some of the words to a song and blamed the fiasco on the USPS, who failed to deliver the music timely. This was before the internet is what it is today..

Just to be fair, the two I was dreading, were Kenny G and Wayne Newton. In fact I told my wife she could take a friend and i would sit these two out. Both put on incredible shows and I glad I got to see them.

The Lindner family has had some exceptional acts over the years and I was blessed to attend many of the 80's, 90's and early 2000's Christmas Parties.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My college girlfriend wanted me to take her to see Phil Collins. It was the worst, hands down.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15546 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Fleetwood Mac in 1980. Stevie Nicks wasn't hitting any high notes and disappeared behind stage after every 3rd song, and she would stay gone for quite a while.

At one point Mick Fleetwood moved front and center with a bongo drum solo that was so awful we thought he was joking at first. It was like a drunk friend at a party thinking he suddenly knew how to play the bongos.

The second worst was Jimmy Buffett- He played fine, as did his band, but it extremely boring; like going to an arena and listening to a record album.

Posts: 8607 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pat Benetar, sometime back in the 80's. My brother booked a box for my birthday because I was a fan. Location was the Colosseum in Peninsula, Ohio. The sound was 100% unintelligible, as in a die hard fan could not even guess what song was being performed.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5642 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Easily Bruce Springsteen's Born In The USA tour.

Horrible, just horrible. I admit, I wasn't much a fan, but I decided to see him, take an objective view, just to see what the big deal was all about. I couldn't wait to get out of there, I sat through the whole concert with my chin in my palms. Awful songs, contrived stage show, just hokey beyond belief.

Aerosmith touring in support of Draw The Line. Perhaps the height of their drug years. A drunken Replacements show was much better.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16658 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Cheap Trick - two summers ago (Robin Zander had to take breaks during songs and Rick's moves haven't changed since the 70s and 80s)

Tool - when they opened for Metallica

Van Halen - Early 80s - same show as three nights earlier in Los Angeles to include someone running on stage and handing off a bottle of Jack Daniels and a joint to David Lee Roth.

Springsteen - Early 80s also - just plain sucked and boring.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
My sister was a huge Police fan in the 80's. Went to the show and said they were absolutely horrible live.

Saw the Police in the early eighties and they were great.
We were close and I remember the bass pounding my chest - loved it.
Cool

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
saw the beach boys, three times in the 70's,
all three were at the fair grounds , the sound Sucked at all three .

buddy saw ZZ top twice at fairgrounds , same deal just awful

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gordon Lightfoot somewhere back in the late 70's. Good music but it got really boring after three songs.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
RE: "I swear, worst concerts ever. Frank was old, could not remember the words and mumbled through the whole concert."

I saw Frank in one of his final tours in PDX.

The first set was simply awful. Even given I had expected to see a dwindling away of a fine talent at the end of a long career....I was so disappointed was ready to leave but prevailed upon by my friends to stay another set.

He came out for a 2nd set and absolute crushed everyone, like a different personality. Mesmerizing and rich tonalities, some of my old favorites even.

His 3rd set was even better. Don't know what was in the little coffee cup he was nursing, but must have been some powerful medicine.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to an Ozzfest one year (can't remember the year) and the main band I went to see was Iron Maiden.

Turns out there was some bad blood between Iron Maiden and that God awful Sharon Osbourne.

Middle of the Maiden performance (they were awesome as usual) and she starts sabotaging the show by cutting the volume on them for minutes at a time.

There was damn near a riot in the crowd because most everyone was there to hear Maiden...

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The Counting Crows circa 2006. That Sideshow Bob look-alike douche lead singer just wouldn't shut up about his politics. I've hated their music ever since.

The Goo Goo Dolls had opened for them and were really good though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Pearl Jam, around 1996 or 1997. No one member of the band appeared to want to be there and I think Vedder actually fell asleep at one point.

In contrast I saw them in 93 and it was one of the best shows I ever saw.

Also bad live:
Smashing Pumpkins
Mastodon

Unbelievably good live:
Prince
Plant / Paige (with Jason Bonham and special suprise guest John Paul Jones...)

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The Counting Crows circa 2006. That Sideshow Bob look-alike douche lead singer just wouldn't shut up about his politics. I've hated their music ever since.

The Goo Goo Dolls had opened for them and were really good though.

Sideshow Bob comment reminds me. Santana at the Hard Rock in Vegas about 5 years ago. Music was actually pretty good. But damn brother shut up with the politics. Wife and I still joke about his "Peace is love is peace" ramblings.
Kicker was him imposing his main squeeze and solo drum artist bimbo who had a striking resemblance to Sideshow Bob on the crowd.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Buffett in Tampa 2007. The show was terrible and the acoustics were worse than that.
I grew up as a young parrothead in south Florida. I now realize what a liberal cunt he is and can no longer stand him. Like most actors in Hollywood, I wish he would stay out of politics.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Anybody at Sullivan Arena in Anchorage. That place (either the staff or the arena) could make anybody sound like an 8-track tape in a 70s Gremlin. Due to the remoteness of the location, I suspect nobody brought their semis full of equipment up there and just used the arena's gear.

Finally wised up and refused to go to another concert there.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post