SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The man with no name, 2018 Danish National Symphony
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The man with no name, 2018 Danish National Symphony Login/Join 
posted

As a bonus

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Ecstasy of Gold (they called it Good, Bad, Ugly here) was better by the San Francisco symphony on Mettalica's S&M discs. However, watching this brought tears to my eyes (literally) when the soprano came on.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A good friend shared these with me a few weeks back. Amazing renditions!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Great listening, awesome scores.

I would love to see one of those performances where they play the movie with a live symphony for these movies. I saw one for Star Wars and one for Looney Tunes some years back, that was really awesome having the live music while it played on the screen

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to this version:

Seeing "Good, Bad, Ugly" in the theater when it first came out, I had about the same reaction as I did to this version of the theme -- I thought the movie was campy and whimsically humorous.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though he has chosen to live his whole life (so far) in Italy, Ennio Morricone has cemented a well-deserved place in Americana music in the movies. If you read some of the history on Wikipedia, the budget limitations he had to endure in some of the films was what forced him to use unconventional items in his music.

As for the videos, the face on the conductor at 0:37 in "For a Few Dollars More" says it all.

I agree about the soprano - Christine Nonbo Andersen - stunning voice. Look up her renditions of "Kyrie Eleison" and "Go Now" on YouTube (under Christine Nonbo).

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those. That was some good music.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Thanks.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sarah Hicks, the conductor of the Danish National Symphony in those videos, used to be an associate conductor with the Richmond SO. I got to meet her a couple of times. She's a wonderful conductor and, yes, she's smokin' hot.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Those were excellent! Thanks for bringing them to our attention, DSgrouse.

Yes, I noticed the conductor's expression at 0:37 in For A Few Dollars More Smile She looks like she was really having fun with it.

And, yes: I think she's probably the smokin-est conductor I've seen in all my days.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the end of "A Few Dollars More"...was that silhouette cowboy holding an AR? Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying these are excellent, but I'm saying they are excellent

*grumble* wouldve been better live *grumble*

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you all liked them. They are very good.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I really appreciated the English horn right before the soprano in the GTBU.

Posts: 12460 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed them! Thanks for sharing!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post