SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Kubo and the Two Strings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kubo and the Two Strings Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Watched this tonight. Excellent movie and superb artwork.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Being a kid movie, the plot is a bit predictable, but it is a good story and it's one of the most visually stunning movies I have ever seen. The music is great, too.

The fact that it is stop motion blows my mind.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I always wondered if it was any good. Ads looked creepy, and it went to DVD so fast one could almost think it was straight-to-DVD. I even saw it bundled with other cartoon DVDs at Wallymart; a way to get rid of unwanted films that people won't buy otherwise. . .

I think that Americans just aren't ready for Japanese cartoons. Wink

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I too thought this was a splendid film.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
It was quite enjoyable.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I think that Americans just aren't ready for Japanese cartoons. Wink

It's stop motion and it was made by a US company in the US with an American director and a soundtrack done by an Italian.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post