SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie help: Soldier in Iraq kills fellow soldier raping
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie help: Soldier in Iraq kills fellow soldier raping Login/Join 
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted
Driving me crazy. Can't remember what movie this was and I won't sleep. Soldier (main character) is patrolling I think in Iraq and sees a fellow soldier raping an Iraqi woman. He comes back and uses a knife as I recall to dispatch the soldier, which is somehow connected to his MO I think.

I wanna say he is recruited for some job/ deal that is somehow related to killing/ spying/ whatever. My memory tells me he was dark, like a monster or killer or something like that.

Brainstorming with the wife and best we can come up with was we think the guy kinda looked like Chris Pratt, or Christian Bale popped in my head too for some reason. Could be way off, I can't reliably remember what I ate for lunch yesterday anymore. Seems like it would have been one of the Watchmen, but searching hasn't turned anything up.

First one to nail it, I'll mail you an Army issue Hunters Specialties Camo Compac camouflage make up kit, just in time for halloween. Real special I know but figured while cool, I have no real use for it. Apparently the Army doesn't either.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Savior with Dennis Quaid has a scene where he kills a fellow soldier trying to rape or kill a woman. He is a mercenary though and it’s in Bosnia.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There may be multiple movies with a scene like this, but I just watched a Netflix movie with this exact scene. Not sure of the title, (something darkness?) but it was about a wolf pack killing a child, mother writes to a wolf expert/author asking for him to come hunt down the wolf.

Her husband is deployed to Iraq at the time and gets the knife kill on the raping soldier then gets wounded and sent home...mayhem ensues.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
There may be multiple movies with a scene like this, but I just watched a Netflix movie with this exact scene. Not sure of the title, (something darkness?) but it was about a wolf pack killing a child, mother writes to a wolf expert/author asking for him to come hunt down the wolf.

Her husband is deployed to Iraq at the time and gets the knife kill on the raping soldier then gets wounded and sent home...mayhem ensues.

Hold the Dark with Jeffrey Wright, Alexander Sarsgaard, Riley Keough.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
That's ringing some bells. Gotta do some homework.

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
That's it! You guys nailed it. Now we got a problem. Seems like both of you guys came together to make it happen, as a team. I could cut this camo kit in half. Or if either of you has a P226 I have an old mag laying around and no more 226. Thoughts fellas?

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
That's it! You guys nailed it. Now we got a problem. Seems like both of you guys came together to make it happen, as a team. I could cut this camo kit in half. Or if either of you has a P226 I have an old mag laying around and no more 226. Thoughts fellas?

I do happen to have a 9mm German P226 in the bedside safe... Smile

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
OK shoot me an email and I'll get it over.

Strambo, shoot me an email and I'll get your genuine army issue Camo Face paint kit in the mail too.

Send to paclizataolcom

posted Hide Post
The movie was OK, but I found the ham-handed way the writers/director handled the native village population issue to be absurd and racist.

What I think they were going for was the standard white men/western culture and even police bad narrative.

So, the police are criticized or not doing anything about the wolves when they take a child. What are they supposed to do exactly? Doesn't this paint the native villagers as being totally incompetent? What can a typical police officer do about wolves after the fact that a native subsistence hunting population can't?

Modern society is blamed for their village not prospering, nobody cares etc. Well, how have they survived there for so long and why are they all of a sudden helpless victims now?

Finally, they make out the strong male native villager to be a murdering psychopath...it that what they were really going for?

So, native villagers are incompetent, helpless victims, and murdering psychos...got it. Sounds racist.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Yeah that movie turned out to be garbage. That scene embedded in the back of my mind for some reason though. The old lady was doing some training that somehow related to that and it sparked the scene in my mind, and I couldn't for the life of me remember what that was from, her either.

My mind probably dumped the info, cause that movie was a letdown.

posted Hide Post
Real life version of the same plot - A friend of mine, since deceased, served with the US Army Green Berets in Viet Nam. As he tells the story, he was operating in a section of South Vietnam that had some South Korean soldiers who were stationed there. One of the ROK soldiers raped a Vietnamese girl from a village that had been supporting the effort against the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong. There was conclusive evidence he was guilty. The ROK commanding officer took the offending soldier to the village. He gave a pistol to the girls father and offered to let the man deliver the punishment. The father shot the ROK soldier in the head, killing him.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post